Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:43 AM   #651
Lucky736
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Lucky736 Send a message via Yahoo to Lucky736
Quote:
Originally Posted by praktical View Post
This is a smart corporate move by Apple to keep unit sales current. Whilst many of us with older machines might not be entirely happy with this we might have to end up shelling out the extra bucks for a new upgrade. Personally I'm not happy when a company uses its software sales to boost sales of newer hardware but it is and has been the trend in the technology arena.
My big issue is also lack of support for the older OS. How is it that 10.6.8 users cannot have access to the newest version of Safari. How about iCloud support, really Apple? It goes far beyond just an updated OS that Apple is doing this with. It's absurd really and disappointing on the other end.
Lucky736 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:00 PM   #652
praktical
macrumors regular

Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky736 View Post
My big issue is also lack of support for the older OS. How is it that 10.6.8 users cannot have access to the newest version of Safari. How about iCloud support, really Apple? It goes far beyond just an updated OS that Apple is doing this with. It's absurd really and disappointing on the other end.
I agree with you entirely Lucky. I feel that this trend is a direct strng arm of us the consumers. We have the power to dictate how Apple markets their products and I don't think we're making full use of our given right as consumers. Apple are our employees and yet it looks like the other way around. Only strong decisive collaborative action as consumers will yield the results we are entitled to as consumers.
praktical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:14 PM   #653
toke lahti
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by adream View Post
I don't do this for personal promotion, I am simply interested in helping all of us stuck in Lion.
Some of us are even stuck in SL with MP1.1, but no worries Apple has started to sell SL again. Just wondering if they start to sell Lion again, sometime in 2014, perhaps?
5matteScreen&higherRez 13" 6lightport 7another fw(through ec ok)
8 10G-ethernet 9 xMac:desktopCPU+GPU,free pci-e,2 int. hdd
toke lahti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:30 PM   #654
JaySCT
macrumors newbie

Will this same procedure work on a Core 2 Duo 2,1 Macbook Pro do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baytriple View Post
I am running my Mac Pro 2,1 on Mountain Lion DP4. I'll be upgrading it when it is paid for.

You CAN run it on a Mac Pro 2,1 and earlier.

It took me a little time but really it is quite simple once you know what you are doing. You can PM me if you need any help.

Here is how you do it on a Mac Pro

http://www.jabbawok.net/?p=47
JaySCT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:37 PM   #655
Sky Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by adream View Post
I have set up a facebook page about this issue, gathering support to put a little pressure onto Apple

We have 323 people so far

:-)
Wow, Tim Cook will give in in no time.
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 09:02 AM   #656
milo
macrumors 603

There's a hack being worked on to do it, they have made good progress so far.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:43 PM   #657
adream
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Wow, Tim Cook will give in in no time.
:-)
adream is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion