Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Hello,
This is my first post so be gentle with me.
I bought a new iPhone 5 from the online Apple store and I have had it less than 24 hours. The call timer shows that the phone has made 1 day 10 hours of calls ( see screen shot ). Anybody have any ideas about how this can come about? I have been in touch with Apple and they have agreed to replace it but can offer no explanation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 365

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Yes I did. I set it up with an iTunes back up from my old iPhone 4. Is that a problem?

It's not a problem, but those cellular stats are transfered when restoring from a backup of an old phone. so that 1 day 10 hours is from your old phone. If you want it to be completely cleared out, you will have to set up the phone as new (with no backups)

Perfectly normal.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Not a problem but that info is copied over from the old phone. Surprised Apple didn't know this?? :confused:

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to it. :)

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Yes I did. I set it up with an iTunes back up from my old iPhone 4. Is that a problem?

I wouldn't call it a "problem" per se, you're restoring everything from your old phone including texts and call history, so it would make sense that the total call time for the phone goes from your old one. If it really bothers you, you can always reset the time on the device.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
Not a problem but that info is copied over from the old phone. Surprised Apple didn't know this?? :confused:

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to it. :)

Yes it does seem strange that Apple tech did not say anything about it. Any way thanks to you all and I will set it up as a new phone and tell Apple not to bother with a replacement .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.