Call timer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Furzul, Jan 13, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2013
    This is my first post so be gentle with me.
    I bought a new iPhone 5 from the online Apple store and I have had it less than 24 hours. The call timer shows that the phone has made 1 day 10 hours of calls ( see screen shot ). Anybody have any ideas about how this can come about? I have been in touch with Apple and they have agreed to replace it but can offer no explanation.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    Did you transfer your information from an old iphone?
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Yes I did. I set it up with an iTunes back up from my old iPhone 4. Is that a problem?
  4. macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    It's not a problem, but those cellular stats are transfered when restoring from a backup of an old phone. so that 1 day 10 hours is from your old phone. If you want it to be completely cleared out, you will have to set up the phone as new (with no backups)

Perfectly normal.
  5. macrumors demi-god

Apr 20, 2009
    Not a problem but that info is copied over from the old phone. Surprised Apple didn't know this?? :confused:

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to it. :)
  6. macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    I wouldn't call it a "problem" per se, you're restoring everything from your old phone including texts and call history, so it would make sense that the total call time for the phone goes from your old one. If it really bothers you, you can always reset the time on the device.
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Yes it does seem strange that Apple tech did not say anything about it. Any way thanks to you all and I will set it up as a new phone and tell Apple not to bother with a replacement .