Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J10110

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
I am trying to sign up for a new Instagram account. When i register it says that this version of instagram is out of date, so its says go to app store and upgrade the app. I apparently uninstall the app off of my iphone but when i go to delete it off itunes i cant (only uninstall it). I am trying to re-download the same app off of the app store but it says i have already downloaded it... thus giving me no option to install again because i have these apparent files. ive repeated this process many times of installing/reinstalling.. no success getting the apparent "updated version".

The only solution seems to be deleting the app FULLY off of itunes, but there is no option for that. help?

Thanks, J

PS. the app is still in the app list on the itunes app library with "install" beside it. Its like the data can not be deleted :s

emma777

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
India, New delhi
To completely remove an app from your iTunes library, Give this a try:

Under Library>Apps, select the app in question, right-click the app and select "Delete". You'll get a prompt to also "Move all Files to Trash", say yes. Then empty your trash. If the app in question is also on your phone, connect your phone & sync. You'll get a prompt asking to first "Transfer Purchases", decline. This will also remove all traces of the app from your phone. While you can re-download this app again, at anytime, for all practical purposes that app has been completely removed from your library.

rpsibew110

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
itunes 11.0.1

In itunes 11.0.1 in the upper left corner below the play pause button you will see a drop down menu it contains Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts and APPS. Chose apps and right click and delete, if you want it gone forever pick move to trash in the popup.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
To completely remove an app from your iTunes library, Give this a try:

Under Library>Apps, select the app in question, right-click the app and select "Delete". You'll get a prompt to also "Move all Files to Trash", say yes. Then empty your trash. If the app in question is also on your phone, connect your phone & sync. You'll get a prompt asking to first "Transfer Purchases", decline. This will also remove all traces of the app from your phone. While you can re-download this app again, at anytime, for all practical purposes that app has been completely removed from your library.

MyCsPiTTa

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
In itunes 11.0.1 in the upper left corner below the play pause button you will see a drop down menu it contains Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts and APPS. Chose apps and right click and delete, if you want it gone forever pick move to trash in the popup.

THIS is the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.