Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Inverness, Ontario.

Taken with iPad mini.

img0104zz.jpg

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Here's the same fountain from a different angle. There were several other photographers next to me set up for this shot as well.

Disney%20Epcot%202012-249-XL.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Wintry here today

First proper snow of the year for us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 102

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto

What can I say that doesn't overstate the obvious other than...thank you for sharing this Phrasikleia.

I went to Las Vegas recently. The city itself was interesting but, without doubt, the best part of the trip for me was getting out into the Nevada and California desert.

Anyway, I have a bunch of shots that I like. Mine for today...The Strip.

PHD_3485-XL.jpg

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK

Really really like this shot!

----------

Well, the pix say "I was there", though I would have been down on my knees, with a lower viewpoint, to 'engage' more directly with the statues, and fill the frame with them. Of course, I might have needed help getting up again... :p

Made me smile! I'm 6'6" and that was as low as I could get!! Lol

Haven't said it before but I really enjoy you're pics of the Lake District. You're very lucky to have all that on the door step and you obviously make great use of it.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Haven't said it before but I really enjoy you're pics of the Lake District. You're very lucky to have all that on the door step and you obviously make great use of it.

Thank you. It's a wonderful area, and I've really only 'scratched the surface'. These are the Howgill Hills, on the edge of the Lake District...

howgills.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
It just never gets old...

I think that's a compliment...in which case, thank you! :)

What can I say that doesn't overstate the obvious other than...thank you for sharing this Phrasikleia.

I went to Las Vegas recently. The city itself was interesting but, without doubt, the best part of the trip for me was getting out into the Nevada and California desert.

PHD_3485-XL.jpg

Thanks, Cheese&Apple. I think you and I were in the same area at the same time. I was in the desert north of Vegas the day after you took this pic. :)

Thank you. It's a wonderful area, and I've really only 'scratched the surface'. These are the Howgill Hills, on the edge of the Lake District...

howgills.jpg

My shutter finger starts to twitch when I see low clouds like that...possibly my favorite shooting conditions. Lovely scene.

Another stunner!

Thanks, VirtualRain!

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Here's the same fountain from a different angle. There were several other photographers next to me set up for this shot as well.

Disney%20Epcot%202012-249-XL.jpg

Pity the monorail track is chopping it in half.

Nice sunset VirtualRain. I was just talking to my artistically inclined 13 year old son about the colour wheel in relation to opposite colours working together and here you give us the perfect illustration of that! Thanks.

Absolutely gorgeous Phras.

PHD_3485-XL.jpg

Peter you have a great night shot set-up there with your camera and lens. Very nice to look at as a lover of night lit places, I just got the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens for architecture, landscapes and night shots. I look forward to seeing your shots out of the city.

howgills.jpg

As LongSticks said you are blessed to be in that region Doylem, it's a pleasure to see what views you share with us next. Thanks from a retired traveller for taking us there with you. ;)

----------

Same shoot as before:

As always, comments appreciated!

Hair Flick by acearchie, on Flickr

acearchie I wish I could comment in a constructive manner to assist your journey of portraiture, but it's my weakest aspect of photography. :(

I'm disappointed for you that you don't get the feedback you're looking for, apart from ocabj who is quite generous with you from time to time and I imagine is a very busy guy.

I do however, love seeing your progression here. Your passion and perseverance are to be admired. Keep it up, I think you have a huge future ahead of you!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
acearchie I wish I could comment in a constructive manner to assist your journey of portraiture, but it's my weakest aspect of photography. :(

I'm disappointed for you that you don't get the feedback you're looking for, apart from ocabj who is quite generous with you from time to time and I imagine is a very busy guy.

I do however, love seeing your progression here. Your passion and perseverance are to be admired. Keep it up, I think you have a huge future ahead of you!

Thanks a bunch for this sort of comment! It's a little thing like this that gives me the kick up the back backside to "get going"! Fortunately I have a few shoots coming up so hopefully should have some interesting content to post.

I am very happy with the feedback I get here as it's only one of the avenues where I share my pics but it is often one of the most rewarding. I think just having threads like this where you can see a constant stream of talented photographers constantly posting great shots is motivation that everyone can and will do better!

Thanks ijohn and keep up the great work everyone!

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
Similar subject from a previous post. Also shot last weekend. Different perspective with a different feel to the image.

8382934196_7f0ee532b2_c.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.