Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:33 AM   #26
Yujenisis
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Yujenisis
Back in the day, I used OmniWeb exclusively in MacOS X as it was one of the few browsers optimized for the OS. Eventually, I switched to Camino (anyone?) when OmniGroup slowed development.

Maybe I'll load it up for the memories...
Yujenisis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:44 AM   #27
OLDCODGER
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeapple View Post
That's odd mine does,

The only way I think that can happen is if you have multiple windows as it seems to use the last opened size, or if your closing the window using the red x instead of just quiting will reset it.
I have just tried your suggestion, and it does not work. On next launch, it reverts to default size, which is way too narrow for comfort.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujenisis View Post
Back in the day, I used OmniWeb exclusively in MacOS X as it was one of the few browsers optimized for the OS. Eventually, I switched to Camino (anyone?) when OmniGroup slowed development.

Maybe I'll load it up for the memories...
I did the reverse, because Camino fell way behind on today's needed filtering features.
OLDCODGER is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:56 PM   #28
runeapple
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCODGER View Post
I have just tried your suggestion, and it does not work. On next launch, it reverts to default size, which is way too narrow for comfort.

----------
That is odd, just tried (firstly I dragged the window to make my preferred size) then I right (second) clicked the Roccat icon in my dock and chose quit. I then relaunched and it used my new size - I even tried having multiple windows and they all restored to the size I set them too. So not sure why it's not working for you, what OSX cat are you using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDCODGER View Post
I did the reverse, because Camino fell way behind on today's needed filtering features.
Agreed I can't understand why people still use Camino, it's ugly, it's slow, it's not the most secure and it's "barely in development" if it still is.
runeapple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:56 PM   #29
OLDCODGER
macrumors 6502

Quote:
That is odd, just tried (firstly I dragged the window to make my preferred size) then I right (second) clicked the Roccat icon in my dock and chose quit. I then relaunched and it used my new size - I even tried having multiple windows and they all restored to the size I set them too. So not sure why it's not working for you, what OSX cat are you using?
Thanks for your post, because it may have shown up a problem with Sizewell, which I use system-wide. I will check it out and report later. (I'm on SL).

Nope, that didn't work, sadly.

Last edited by OLDCODGER; Jan 14, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: report on Sizewell
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:14 AM   #30
runeapple
macrumors 6502

Hmmm I tried it on a Snow Leopard iMac at my work place and you're right.
It works perfectly in Mountain Lion and Lion though.

Really strange..
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:25 AM   #31
OLDCODGER
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hmmm I tried it on a Snow Leopard iMac at my work place and you're right.
It works perfectly in Mountain Lion and Lion though.

Really strange..
Thanks for the update - I can stop trying to fix it now, and hope for a fix from the developer.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:27 PM   #32
Nate392
macrumors member

On the idea of browser with page previews in the tabs, Opera does this in the way I've found myself to be the most comfortable. Opera retains traditional tabs, but when you roll your mouse over the tab, a preview of the webpage is displayed.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:18 PM   #33
runeapple
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate392 View Post
On the idea of browser with page previews in the tabs, Opera does this in the way I've found myself to be the most comfortable. Opera retains traditional tabs, but when you roll your mouse over the tab, a preview of the webpage is displayed.
I guess everyone is different - I find that irritating (personally) - with Roccat you can press the Visi tab button and it will hide the tabs so you can be using it with the smallest amount of wasted screen estate and simply press it again to view visitabs (however I have quite a big monitor so I keep them there)

Also I find the main function of the visual tabs are to easily find the tab you are looking for - having to hover over each tab is annoying (I know you can drag it down in opera to reveal visual tabs - but then you have a giant tray wasted space which looks fugly IMO.

I personally think Roccat and OmniWeb are better - but I think Roccat has the edge as it's more customisable - can have normal tabs or visual tabs of any size at the top (like opera) but you can also have it in a drawer (like omniweb) or at the bottom or on the sizes.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store