Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeycid

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Hi!

I hope these forums aren't running slower since my arrival because almost every other day I have another dilemma.

I started a thread asking what mice people use and I've looked through the best gaming mouse thread but I'm still unsure about what to buy. I was going to buy a R.A.T. 7 but apparently that has issues with OS X and I've read bad things about Razor, too.

I basically what a mouse that I can use on OS X without the need to download or install anything. I don't need a hundred buttons - just two, maybe an extra 2 on the side for going back and forwards whilst browsing the internet but not essential. And a scroll-wheel! I don't have a copy of Windows so troubleshooting in Bootcamp is not an option.

Is there a mouse out there for me?

Last edited:

mslide

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Logitech Performance MX is my vote. It's fully supported on OSX. The only thing you'd want to download is Logitech's software to program the extra buttons and whatnot.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
If you insist on not using Apple's Magic Mouse, whose touch-enabled surface is far superior to a scroll wheel, you might want to look into the Logitech Revolution MX if you want something wireless, or the Logitech G9x if you don't mind wires.
71yv-iO3K0L._AA1500_.jpg
814dF6jfIoL._AA1500_.jpg

ThatGreekMacGuy

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2012
Sparta, Greece
Hi!

I hope these forums aren't running slower since my arrival because almost every other day I have another dilemma.

I started a thread asking what mice people use and I've looked through the best gaming mouse thread but I'm still unsure about what to buy. I was going to buy a R.A.T. 7 but apparently that has issues with OS X and I've read bad things about Razor, too.

I basically what a mouse that I can use on OS X without the need to download or install anything. I don't need a hundred buttons - just two, maybe an extra 2 on the side for going back and forwards whilst browsing the internet but not essential. And a scroll-wheel! I don't have a copy of Windows so troubleshooting in Bootcamp is not an option.

Is there a mouse out there for me?

Go for Razer Deathadder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.