Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:35 AM   #1
monkeycid
macrumors member

Recommend a Mouse!

Hi!

I hope these forums aren't running slower since my arrival because almost every other day I have another dilemma.

I started a thread asking what mice people use and I've looked through the best gaming mouse thread but I'm still unsure about what to buy. I was going to buy a R.A.T. 7 but apparently that has issues with OS X and I've read bad things about Razor, too.

I basically what a mouse that I can use on OS X without the need to download or install anything. I don't need a hundred buttons - just two, maybe an extra 2 on the side for going back and forwards whilst browsing the internet but not essential. And a scroll-wheel! I don't have a copy of Windows so troubleshooting in Bootcamp is not an option.

Is there a mouse out there for me?

Last edited by monkeycid; Jan 18, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
monkeycid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:42 AM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

I use a Razor Orochi, don't use a driver BUT use Better Touch Tool to get at the two side buttons.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Philscbx
macrumors regular

I gave up on mice for the ease of functions with Track Pads on both systems.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:27 AM   #4
mslide
macrumors 6502a

Logitech Performance MX is my vote. It's fully supported on OSX. The only thing you'd want to download is Logitech's software to program the extra buttons and whatnot.
mslide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
If you insist on not using Apple's Magic Mouse, whose touch-enabled surface is far superior to a scroll wheel, you might want to look into the Logitech Revolution MX if you want something wireless, or the Logitech G9x if you don't mind wires.
Thumb resize.Thumb resize.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:04 PM   #6
ThatGreekMacGuy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeycid View Post
Hi!

I hope these forums aren't running slower since my arrival because almost every other day I have another dilemma.

I started a thread asking what mice people use and I've looked through the best gaming mouse thread but I'm still unsure about what to buy. I was going to buy a R.A.T. 7 but apparently that has issues with OS X and I've read bad things about Razor, too.

I basically what a mouse that I can use on OS X without the need to download or install anything. I don't need a hundred buttons - just two, maybe an extra 2 on the side for going back and forwards whilst browsing the internet but not essential. And a scroll-wheel! I don't have a copy of Windows so troubleshooting in Bootcamp is not an option.

Is there a mouse out there for me?
Go for Razer Deathadder
ThatGreekMacGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals