Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:05 AM   #101
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post

It seems that Amazon and Apple don't need to be worried, but artists should be scared.
Only true if Spotify completely replaces iTunes downloads, which doesn't look to be anywhere close to happening at this point in time.

You could say Spotify is a nice way for artists to supplement their income. Great for introducing your work, or getting cash from people who otherwise wouldn't buy any of your material. If I were a musician, I wouldn't want to rely solely on Spotify to make my living, but I wouldn't exactly bash it either.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:26 PM   #102
NewAnger
Banned

I bought a few $.99 songs on iTunes last night and I just never think about Amazon. I never have in all these years except once recently. It's just ridiculously too easy to buy on iTunes and have it on my iPhone to listen in less then 10 seconds without even syncing the phone.

Only once recently did I think to check Amazon for a song. I was interested in a song that is album only on iTunes. The same song is album only on Amazon. Guess I won't ever own the song.
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:30 PM   #103
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAnger View Post
I bought a few $.99 songs on iTunes last night and I just never think about Amazon. I never have in all these years except once recently. It's just ridiculously too easy to buy on iTunes and have it on my iPhone to listen in less then 10 seconds without even syncing the phone.
That's not exactly Amazon's fault now is it ? Apple is good at locking you into their stuff and not allowing you the choice of vendors for your media in a convenient fashion.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:31 PM   #104
NewAnger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
That's not exactly Amazon's fault now is it ? Apple is good at locking you into their stuff and not allowing you the choice of vendors for your media in a convenient fashion.
Of course it's not their fault but IT IS exactly what I need.
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion