Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Safari page refreshes don't happen nearly as much. In fact, I haven't seen it happen at all! Whereas when I had the 4, you could only do one website at a time basically, the page would always refresh.

Now I can post in 8 threads at once!

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Well, now you know I gotta test it. That was one of my main complaints about the iPhone was that I'd be (say) typing a long paragraph and I wanted to go do something else and pretty much I could only do one thing at a time because the pages just kept refreshing and refreshing.

I haven't seen it on the 5 though.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Safari page refreshes don't happen nearly as much. In fact, I haven't seen it happen at all! Whereas when I had the 4, you could only do one website at a time basically, the page would always refresh.

Now I can post in 8 threads at once!

Well, now you know I gotta test it. That was one of my main complaints about the iPhone was that I'd be (say) typing a long paragraph and I wanted to go do something else and pretty much I could only do one thing at a time because the pages just kept refreshing and refreshing.

I haven't seen it on the 5 though.

I don't remember this refreshing thing ever happening to me on any iPhone, at least not in a way that would make it one of my main complaints. When you write "the pages," are you talking about mobile MR forums or just any web pages?

Tapatalk 2 just came out today; it's awesome :D

Or it came out 18 days ago...but was pulled from the App Store by the devs because it wasn't awesome. It was re-released this past Saturday and is so far more awesome than it was 18 days ago.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I don't remember this refreshing thing ever happening to me on any iPhone, at least not in a way that would make it one of my main complaints. When you write "the pages," are you talking about mobile MR forums or just any web pages?

Or it came out 18 days ago...but was pulled from the App Store by the devs because it wasn't awesome. It was re-released this past Saturday and is so far more awesome than it was 18 days ago.

I do remember on my 4 and 4s that if I had more than 4 or 5 pages open, when I switched between them, it would reload the pages often. I don't know how many you can do on the 5 with stock Safari but I've gone up to 8 tabs now regularly and I've never once had it reload a page yet.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

Haha oh dear! I only got the notification from it today. It seems great now though so that's the main thing :D

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
May I ask why you kept your distance from tapatalk?

Well I have always used the bookmarkfunction on safari so it has never been useful but just a day ago I noticed my iPhone 5 is not liking bookmarks for some strange reason. Or its me being paranoid again but I think its making some software interference. "Lag". Ye I know it sounds silly but hell..

And then theres the price factor. Tapatalk has a price. Bookmarks hasnt.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Well I have always used the bookmarkfunction on safari so it has never been useful but just a day ago I noticed my iPhone 5 is not liking bookmarks for some strange reason. Or its me being paranoid again but I think its making some software interference. "Lag". Ye I know it sounds silly but hell..

And then theres the price factor. Tapatalk has a price. Bookmarks hasnt.

IMHO the new Tapatalk 2 app is great and works very good. Plus it is .99$ on the store right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.