Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MajorBulk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Lincolnshire UK
Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 iMac, and have set it up as me as the administrator and my wife as a standard user.
My wife has to login with a password, as she wondered if this can altered to login without putting the password in?

I have looked into the user account, but cannot see anyway of clearing the password.
Have also made the effort of doing a search on here, but nothing relevant to my enquiry came up :(

Thanks for any help :D

MajorBulk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Lincolnshire UK
Click login options and choose automatic login for her account.

Yeah, I did that, but after a reset it just went straight to her account :confused:

Is that normal....we just wanted it to boot up with the option of either of us to login. It was like that before we put a password to alter something.

My apologies for the dumb question, but this is my first iMac and the OS X, although I do have a iPad and iPhone, but there slightly different :cool:

Thanks for your reply though :D

BlaqkAudio

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
New York
Not sure if this only works for admin accounts, but if you change password, you can just leave the new password slots blank.

MajorBulk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Lincolnshire UK
Not sure if this only works for admin accounts, but if you change password, you can just leave the new password slots blank.

Ah! I did wonder if just to leave it blank, but does it not keep asking till you type some characters ? Will have a try later.
It's not a biggy, but just wanna help,the wife login without putting password every time :rolleyes:

Thanks also to you,for your reply :D

MajorBulk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Lincolnshire UK
Apologies for the delayed reply :eek:

Yep, fixed it...I didn't think it was that easy, just leave it blank :rolleyes:

Many thanks to all the responses :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.