Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you like to see in the new iPhone

• Bigger Battery

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Bigger Screen

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Thinner

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Rumours of the next iPhone/iPhones are coming earlier than any other idevice I have seen.

With that in mind what is the one plausible feature you would add if you had the key to the factory? :)

Mine: NFC mobile payments

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I'd rather have a feature I can use immediately and think NFC would be a waste IMHO. I'd like to see widgets introduced but less battery draining ones. A widget where you could quickly alter wifi and internet setting would be most welcome. :)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I'd be happy to keep the phone the same. Just some nice tweaks and consistency in iOS 7 would be nice.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Finger print sensor to go with NFC... And please no widgets. Shortcuts to wifi and Bluetooth and cellular etc are welcome as they don't burn through the battery.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America

I hope not. I have a Nexus and I can't stand them. They are pointless. It's a quick glance at what, weather,mail ?? Simple pull down from the notification center. They are redundant IMO. The toggle switches are ok but I'd rather see them in NC or the task switcher than on one of the pages. I guess if you tweet and have your head in Facebook all the time they might be useful, I don't know as I rarely use either.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I hope not. I have a Nexus and I can't stand them. They are pointless. It's a quick glance at what, weather,mail ?? Simple pull down from the notification center. They are redundant IMO. The toggle switches are ok but I'd rather see them in NC or the task switcher than on one of the pages. I guess if you tweet and have your head in Facebook all the time they might be useful, I don't know as I rarely use either.

T'was a guess.....that's why it was "Widgets?" rather than "Widgets!".:p They probably would drain the battery faster and use cellular data as well.

Okay, then. How about upping the storage while keeping the same price points? (Again, notice the question mark.):eek:

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Actually, live icons may be cool. But I can only see that being useful on weather app but you can just pull down to see the weather anyway.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
1. Stability to come in iOS7 that ships with it. iOS6 breaks so easily, needs restarts more often than my old Win98 computers did.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I'm having a hard time coming up with anything, as widgets are ugly and toggles need to be done properly IMHO.

I guess I'd shoot for live icons.. I couldn't care less about NFC/Fingerprint.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Working on the basis that an update for the 5s would be hardware based rather than changes to iOS (which would apply to the 5 and possibly 4s too), I'll go for a notification light under the home button

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
Mine: NFC mobile payments

i buy everything online so useless for me

----------

Being able to see just my unread emails in the email app. I know....That's software but that's the feature that I want.

email is dead, everything is live instant message now, i've not used email outside work for a few years now

----------

Finger print sensor.

to use for what?? i dont even have a passcode on my phone

----------

A widget where you could quickly alter wifi and internet setting would be most welcome. :)

why?? i just leave mine on and it sorts its self out, i've not opened the wifi setting since i connected to my router

----------

1. Stability to come in iOS7 that ships with it. iOS6 breaks so easily, needs restarts more often than my old Win98 computers did.

my ip4 has never been switched off in 2 years apart from ios updates doing it

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
i buy everything online so useless for me

----------

email is dead, everything is live instant message now, i've not used email outside work for a few years now

----------

to use for what?? i dont even have a passcode on my phone

----------

why?? i just leave mine on and it sorts its self out, i've not opened the wifi setting since i connected to my router

----------

my ip4 has never been switched off in 2 years apart from ios updates doing it

i charge mine when i'm sleeping so no benefit

Soooo...do you have a feature you'd like to see introduced? Or would you rather just continue to crap on everyone else's suggestions since they don't meet your needs?

On the hardware side, ideally I'd like to see a slightly thicker phone to accommodate a larger, presumably longer-lasting battery.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Personally, I would like an improvement in the camera. Notwithstanding it has become my go to substitute for point and shoot camera, it is also increasingly becoming a good business tool for things like Evernote, Genius Scan and Image to Text apps so more bandwidth please

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
micro sd card slot, or increase base phone to 32gb and add 128 at top of spectrum, 16 gb is no longer enough especially that the iOS takes up nearly 2-3 gb, cmon Apple it only costs you $.41 cents per GB but you have the nerve to charge us way too much???

This is one game change that may make me switch to a Samsung, tired of having to move photos off my phone, or music just to have space.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Hardware: I know it's not an issue on some carriers, but the biggest thing for me for me it would be simultaneous voice/data on Verizon. Next would be a notification light.

Software: widgets, toggles, keyboards like Swype or Swiftkey, and one-button clearing of all notifications.

spacedcadet

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
Make it work

The ability to make and receive calls reliably would be a start. The basic functionality of a phone seems to have gone missing.

My 3GS was much more reliable in terms of getting a carrier signal and not dropping calls.

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
Working on the basis that an update for the 5s would be hardware based rather than changes to iOS (which would apply to the 5 and possibly 4s too), I'll go for a notification light under the home button

+1, I miss that from my previous Androids.

Software-wise either system toggles (wi-fi/BT etc) in NC or widgets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.