Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you like to see in the new iPhone

• Bigger Battery

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Bigger Screen

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Thinner

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Hardware wise, a better scratch resistant body.

Software wise, quick settings in notification center and a quick reply like bitesms.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
One feature? That won't be enough to get the next iPhone. But a bigger screen would be nice, doubt it'll happen this year though.

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
Battery.

Battery, battery battery battery battery.

The iPhone 5's battery sucks, and the Lightning debacle means I can't even buy a battery pack for it.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
i buy everything online so useless for me

----------

email is dead, everything is live instant message now, i've not used email outside work for a few years now

----------

1) I've never heard of someone that has never gone to a restaurant/grocery store/movie/coffee shop/etc before. You're right, NFC is useless for everybody because you've never left your house.

2) Email is dead? I thought you bought everything online? How do you receive order confirmations and receipts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I hope not. I have a Nexus and I can't stand them. They are pointless. It's a quick glance at what, weather,mail ?? Simple pull down from the notification center. They are redundant IMO. The toggle switches are ok but I'd rather see them in NC or the task switcher than on one of the pages. I guess if you tweet and have your head in Facebook all the time they might be useful, I don't know as I rarely use either.

On my previous Android devices, the first thing i did was disable all the widgets. They drain battery life and reduce stability.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
Soooo...do you have a feature you'd like to see introduced? Or would you rather just continue to crap on everyone else's suggestions since they don't meet your needs?

waterproofing? not that i've ever got mine wet but i see plenty of uninsured toilet accidents on here :rolleyes:

----------

1) I've never heard of someone that has never gone to a restaurant/grocery store/movie/coffee shop/etc before. You're right, NFC is useless for everybody because you've never left your house.

2) Email is dead? I thought you bought everything online? How do you receive order confirmations and receipts?

3) You're a troll.

1) i use cash for that
2) i never look, i just wait for the stuff to show up
3) i'm not, i'm a normal person :)

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
waterproofing? not that i've ever got mine wet but i see plenty of uninsured toilet accidents on here :rolleyes:

----------

1) i use cash for that
2) i never look, i just wait for the stuff to show up
3) i'm not, i'm a normal person :)

I'm sure you are aware that you shooting down every suggestions will annoy people after the 2nd or 3rd time.

It's not what will personally appease Ste Nova. :)

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Why would you want pointless crap from Android?

Because not all widgets are pointless crap. You also sound stupid by putting it that way. If iOS allowed widgets, it doesn't mean you have to use them, even though I bet you would once you see that they aren't just useful for social media purposes.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Look at all this "innovation"...

Even if we included everything in this thread (including the holographic strippers) people would still flame for the iPhone "being more of the same".

Ask them what they'd like to see more of though, and it's just the stuff in this thread (and NFC lol...).

The iPhone 5S will get a minor speed bump, maybe more/double storage, and a few new features through iOS 7. Maybe it will get a few new colors? Maybe. Then the iPhone 6 might have a fingerprint reader, stereo speakers, a better camera, and a few software enhancements.... That's as "innovative" as it's going to get.

The iPhone is a grand slam. It obliterates andy single Android phone in terms of actual sales (not sales to carriers, sales to consumers... sorry Samesung). No need to radically change ANYTHING.

I hope Apple DOESN'T put in NFC... just because it's funny to see people whine about a feature over 99.5% of users would never utilize:p.

preyan

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
South Africa
Pop up video (can't remember exact name, S Video???) that Galaxy has, where you can continue watching video whilst doing anything! Mailing, texting,surfing the web!!! :cool:

I think Samsung may have that patented though

burnout8488

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2011
Endwell, NY
i buy everything online so useless for me

----------

email is dead, everything is live instant message now, i've not used email outside work for a few years now

----------

to use for what?? i dont even have a passcode on my phone

----------

why?? i just leave mine on and it sorts its self out, i've not opened the wifi setting since i connected to my router

----------

my ip4 has never been switched off in 2 years apart from ios updates doing it

Do you ever leave the house? People that live their lives outside of their homes buy things at stores, like groceries, coffee, and beer.

E-mail is dead?? What world do you live in?

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Pop up video (can't remember exact name, S Video???) that Galaxy has, where you can continue watching video whilst doing anything! Mailing, texting,surfing the web!!! :cool:

I think Samsung may have that patented though

How many times do you use picture in picture on your TV? Pop up video is useless.

----------

Because not all widgets are pointless crap. You also sound stupid by putting it that way. If iOS allowed widgets, it doesn't mean you have to use them, even though I bet you would once you see that they aren't just useful for social media purposes.

I have use it. And it's still crap that takes up most of the screen space. Not for me.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
How many times do you use picture in picture on your TV? Pop up video is useless.

That is not a good comparison. PIP on a TV is the same as wanting to watch 2 videos at the same time on your phone, which is not the purpose of what he is stating. I don't think it's that useless to quickly respond to a text or check an email while watching a video on YouTube.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Wireless charging. On I side note: I think it's funny that with how much people complain about how the iPhone and iOS is boring, and then when there's a thread asking what should be added, everyone says widgets or idk. Not a bad thing, just think it's kinda funny.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Improved iMessage:

- allows you to send and receive text messages using an iPad (using an iPhone over iCloud)
- delivers messages on time <_< at the minute Facebook messenger is infinitely more stable.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
Do you ever leave the house? People that live their lives outside of their homes buy things at stores, like groceries, coffee, and beer.

E-mail is dead?? What world do you live in?

you've not used http://www.tesco.com/ to buy food and beer then?

email is dead for me and my friends the same way msn messenger, yahoo messenger, skype, aim, icq is, it all about right now instant, fb chat is the main method of communication

email for work is still a good tool, but in work i'm getting more and more lync usage for simple stuff that would have been one liner emails

----------

Put me down for wanting a fully customizable LED notification light.

good call, its the only thing blackberry got right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.