Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:29 PM   #26
mackinmike
macrumors regular

unless china users see the light and realize iphone is behind the curve.
mackinmike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:56 PM   #27
tekstud
macrumors member

What China makes, the World takes- including China, the new Trenton.
tekstud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:03 PM   #28
Lark.Landon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyunreal View Post
Sadly it isn't. But look at the crowd:
Wow... @_@

----------

So what happens when China boots Apple out of China and makes it's own Apple...
Lark.Landon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:43 AM   #29
Tech198
macrumors 601

so Hong Kong stands out
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:09 AM   #30
zukernik
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfx View Post
city wok, can I take your order please

you want the city satai beef?
'Muricah
zukernik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:22 AM   #31
PaulChowHK
macrumors regular

You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers. I looking at Shenzhen store and seeing large store but few people walking out with Apple shopping bags. I talking to people and they talking about Apple going down. Not looking good for future. If Apple closing one store it will be the ending for
Apple. I seeing some new iphone from case manufacturing companies and they looking the same as smaller iPhone. Iphone 5 large screen a big lose for case companies and they now focus on Samsung.
PaulChowHK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:44 AM   #32
iluvmac2013
macrumors newbie

Rock n Roll!

Yes baby! Apple doing it all over China!

----------------------------

Concept design for iphone with 4.8inch screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6pKfgaGPvU
iluvmac2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:52 AM   #33
r018u
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChowHK View Post
You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers. I looking at Shenzhen store and seeing large store but few people walking out with Apple shopping bags. I talking to people and they talking about Apple going down. Not looking good for future. If Apple closing one store it will be the ending for
Apple. I seeing some new iphone from case manufacturing companies and they looking the same as smaller iPhone. Iphone 5 large screen a big lose for case companies and they now focus on Samsung.
You do realise that Chinese revenue growth was 67% increase from 1 YEAR ago right? Apple will not close stores any time soon. I doubt many of the chinese consumers make a product decision on stock prices...
r018u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:00 AM   #34
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't "The New iPad" be written in Chinese?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:08 AM   #35
coolspot18
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
China owns us now, might as well start waving those red flags and learning Mandarin and Min.
China was a dominate world power for 2000 - 3000 years up until the late 1700s. Adam Smith, the father of modern economic noted that China in 1776 was still the wealthiest nation in the world. But, China, with political strife combined with missing the industrial revolution severely hindered her growth. 250ish years later (a relatively short time in world history), it's not that all that surprising China is starting to return to her former glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinmike View Post
They know; but like a lot of luxury products, people buy them for other reasons (quality, status, etc.). But even if Apple ends up with a few percentage of the market, it's still a very big number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Not to mention India...
India has major problems with government, infrastructure, equality, education, etc. that are hindering her growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChowHK View Post
You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers.
True, Apple products are a status symbol... but same thing is happening in North America too - droves are starting to migrate to Android because it is a viable alternative, lower prices, and a bit of an up and comer.

Apple needs to continue to innovate to remain relavant in the market. Otherwise they will just become another Palm or RIM - companies with great products that fell behind due to lack of innovation.

Last edited by coolspot18; Jan 24, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
coolspot18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:08 AM   #36
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinmike View Post
They already have. There's such a vast population that its easy for Apple to flourish initially. Yet of even greater popularity in China, are Samsungs offerings. Only time will tell how well Apple fares over the long haul.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:45 PM   #37
currentinterest
macrumors 6502

Droves are moving to Android in the US? Android lost market share to iPhone (iOS) last quarter. Nearly two thirds of major US carrier activations were iPhones, sounds like the movement is in the other direction.

Apple is doing it right in China. It is showing respect, building R & D centers, working with the government, and expanding their retail presence. The iPad mini is a huge hit in China, and this is all without China's largest carrier. Apple's future is huge in China, I am buying Apple stock based on this alone. (And, ...my kid does speak Mandarin, need to be prepared.)
currentinterest is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion