Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2000
I just made my 500th+ post.

but i have a profile pic i like, and i need to set an avatar. unfortunately i can't figure this out. it wont let me set an avatar.

anyone have any ideas?

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
It might take a day for the system to process your avatar once you reach 500 posts. I mean, you already waited 6 years... :)

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2000
ok thanks. i didn't know why it wouldnt let me. it's not like i've been in a rush, lol, but hell i got a cute cartoon. and wanted to let it rip.

couldnt figure out why i was having a rough time doing that.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
You might try logging out and logging back in and see if it forces a refresh of your account.

For those who don't understand this "log out" concept, there's a button in the bar with the User CP, FAQ/Rules... etc way at the right. I've never touched it but I've heard it can be useful.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I am reading this correctly? My avatar will not show up on my posts until i've made over 500 posts? :confused:

Yes, having an avatar does require 500 posts, and it is not the same as a profile picture

And yes, it does take a little while for the servers to recognize the change to 500 posts and allow access to the avatar controls

Looks like it kicked in for the OP

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Yes, having an avatar does require 500 posts, and it is not the same as a profile picture

And yes, it does take a little while for the servers to recognize the change to 500 posts and allow access to the avatar controls

Spasepok

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
It interesting

I was just looking for the informatin how to set avatar. And was very surprised to fing out about 500 post. I have even preperated picture, but it seems like I have a long way to go!
Congratulation for those who have ones!

----------

What is the difference between avatar and profile picture?

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX

I certainly hope so given that it was nearly 5 years ago ;)

Like I said, it DOES take a little while :D

LOL - that's hilarious!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.