Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OafTobark

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Good: here's an objective answer --

You shouldn't feel terrible, you should feel . . . oh, never mind.

You're one of the reasons iphones cost so damn much. And why my Apple stock is in the toilet. Thanks.

Good job.

What an ignorant post.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Beyond wondering how people like this get dressed in the morning, I really couldn't care less how much you regret the choice of your phone color. That said, people who continually exchange perfectly functional devices just because they don't like the color or people who attempt to fraudulently return their device after water damage, etc, makes it harder for people with legitimate problems to get the same level of service we've come to expect from Apple. Remember Costcos super liberal return policy? Of course you don't, they had to stop because people kept abusing it, just like these people are abusing Apple's return and exchange policies. Enjoy it when the warranty is reduced to 3 months as a result

agree 100%

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
It doesn't matter. It can't be returned for wanting to change the color, if it's been more than 30 days. They won't do it. Even if say the mic failed for some reason, they will only give you the same color phone, you can't change it, if it's after 30 days.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
The answer is 1. The iPhone comes in 2 colors, it can only be exchanged for a different color once.

Or was this not a math question?

Reactions: Pow!

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Save yourself from the embarrassment of exchanging for a black one and then deciding you want the white one back again and then OMG you want the black one again. Just buy a couple sets of these and you can take them on and off as you please. :)

how does one get that "End Thread" on top :) ? you gotta be a moderator or ?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Keep the color you have now, and next release purchase the other color. Not too long before it is released :p

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
IP6 with a "mood" casing, switches color according to user's mood. :)

Start re-reading all the "scratch" posts, there, you don't have to return it.

Keep white, buy a black bumper. Best of both world.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Or you can say I need to stop this nonsense and just live with whatever color I picked. I already exchanged it once so doing it again they're gonna think Im nutty:D
Live with it and then make that "huge" decision again when you get your next iphone. Im sure you will survive with the color it is now.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm sure I'm just on my high horse, but might I humbly suggest that this thread defines the word "banal".

Yes, yes, if I don't like it, don't read it, and all that.

But really...:eek:

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
The idea of the $100 fee is spot on...

Make the user feel some PAIN for their indecision, and suddenly their decision making becomes crystal clear. If you give them 4 chances for free, odds are there will be people that use every chance just because they have the option.

If Apple wants to do it, good for them. If they choose to put their foot down in the future and shorten the return policy for PHONES to 14 days I would respect that more though.

30 days. That's all you get for now. After that better learn to live with it...

Texran

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
I got an iPhone on Christmas in black. About two day after Christmas, I exchanged it for a white iphone. I'm kind of having second doubts and I feel terrible about exchanging the phone... The phone is in perfect condition...

My question is, if I go back to the Apple store today, will I get laughed at if I ask them to re exchange my phone again?

Additionally, how many days do I have before I am no longer able to return my phone for a different color?

Any insight would help, I think it was 14 days to return a phone for good, and 30 days to exchange it for color or any other reason,

Thanks, guys.

You won't be happy with the black anyway so just keep the white

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Just plastidip your phone. Then when you are sick of black you can just peel off the plastic and go back to white. Plus it will protect your phone.. Food for thought.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
How many threads about exchanging iPhone colors do we need? And what does it matter what info we offer?

OP, go into a store and deal with it. If you're too embarrassed to go in there again, that's your answer. :rolleyes:

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
Good: here's an objective answer --

You shouldn't feel terrible, you should feel . . . oh, never mind.

You're one of the reasons iphones cost so damn much. And why my Apple stock is in the toilet. Thanks.

Good job.

You're apple stock is in the toilet because you bought it too high lol

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I didn't even know that Apple let customers replace their iPhones because they changed their minds about a certain color. Not to be rude but just stick with the color you have. If I really bothers you, you can always put a skin on your iPhone and chance the color that way. There's really no use for you to drive allll the way to the Apple Store because you changed your mind on the color AGAIN.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
yep.

apple's biggest mistake in recent times has been to give people an option.

everyone was happy when only black existed, now its just too much for them.

and to think the next phone is rumored to come in 7 colours or so... macrumors will have to create an entirely new section on the website just for these people.

Well if they let people exchange it 6 times when they have two colours... With seven colours it'll have to be 21 times ;) Nightmare for the stock: Apple will have five colours sold out with massive demand, and two colours with millions in stock that they can't sell because no-one wants those colours.

----------

I didn't even know that Apple let customers replace their iPhones because they changed their minds about a certain color. Not to be rude but just stick with the color you have. If I really bothers you, you can always put a skin on your iPhone and chance the color that way. There's really no use for you to drive allll the way to the Apple Store because you changed your mind on the color AGAIN.

Most people put a case on their iPhone anyway.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I remember when the 4 came out. They said it was offered in black and white. I waited for a month after the 4's release to buy a white one. I eventually gave up and just bought the black 4.

The white didn't end up coming out for another year.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Beyond wondering how people like this get dressed in the morning, I really couldn't care less how much you regret the choice of your phone color. That said, people who continually exchange perfectly functional devices just because they don't like the color or people who attempt to fraudulently return their device after water damage, etc, makes it harder for people with legitimate problems to get the same level of service we've come to expect from Apple. Remember Costcos super liberal return policy? Of course you don't, they had to stop because people kept abusing it, just like these people are abusing Apple's return and exchange policies. Enjoy it when the warranty is reduced to 3 months as a result

Agreed. For crying out loud it is only 2 colors to choose from: white or black. How hard can that be?:rolleyes: I'd hate to see how the OP would react having to buy a new iPod touch with 6 colors to choose from.:p

Last edited:

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
To all the people freaking out on OP: Guess what, nobody made you reply to this thread. If you don't want to help, then don't type a reply, its not that hard. Don't tell him to "Call Apple and find out." There are people on MR that actually want to help people, not just bash them 24/7.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Don't tell him to "Call Apple and find out."

Why not? They are the ones that sell the iPhone and make up their return policy. Instead of coming here, the OP should have gone straight to the place he bought the phone at and asked them. He would have gotten a direct answer to the question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.