Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:11 PM   #26
bwhli
macrumors Demi-God

Monster products have always been overpriced IMO. You can get a pair of Sennheiser HD-25II for $50 cheaper. All the parts of the headphone are replaceable too, and Sennheiser is known for their wonderful headphones.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:30 PM   #27
Gofre
macrumors regular

The inspirations are at the upper end of Monster's spectrum of quality. Still below par and inferior to a lot of stuff at their price range, however, and the active noise cancelling is poor.
Gofre is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:41 PM   #28
PRPS
macrumors member

I would suggest the Beyerdynamic dt770's at that price point. Actually they're now $230

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...s?src=3WWRWXGP

Last edited by PRPS; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
PRPS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:43 PM   #29
Uofmtiger
macrumors 6502a

I have several headphones, but if I could only own one pair it would be Shure SRH940s. They are closed backed, light, sound great without an amp, and sound fantastic with one. These are accurate headphones, so if you mainly listen to lower bitrate mp3s, they will show every flaw. Also, the bass is not emphasized, so if you are used to bass emphasized headphones, you may not like these. I prefer a detailed sound vs an over-emphasized bass sound, though.

If you do listen to low bitrates, Sennheisser would be a better choice. My hd580s make anything sound warm.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM   #30
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaielement View Post
If you are looking for noise canceling head phones check these out http://www.monsterinspiration.com/#1 and IMO they have a better base out put then the Bose with out giving to much bass like the crappy beats.
These look unreal, love the color options. Do you have the over ear or on ear pair?
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:57 PM   #31
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyPod View Post
These look unreal, love the color options. Do you have the over ear or on ear pair?
I don't actually don't own a pair but a buddy of mine has a pair and let me borrow them for a week and I loved them. I was using the over the ear par. Anyway the noise canceling was amazing and the sound was clean and had a good range. So glad that Monster doesn't make the crappy Beats and that they are making a quality product.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio