Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

setty7

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
thanks for the updates! Does the headphone door have a "hinge" on it? Like do you have to push it over to put the headphones in? Or is it a flap that stays open?

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
I'll hold off until the Atlas is released. By then there will be more reviews out there for all of the new waterproof/rugged cases.

What I do like about the Incipio Atlas is its warranty that covers the case and phone. That coverage alone makes it worth waiting for.

wmflyfisher

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Does anybody know if the Atlas comes with a holster? That would be a deal breaker for me considering the Obex does. I think I like the obex better anyways.

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Does anybody know if the Atlas comes with a holster? That would be a deal breaker for me considering the Obex does. I think I like the obex better anyways.
I really hope they will offer a holster, too. But so far there's no sign of it. Also AFAICT Incipio isn't selling any holsters at all...

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
thanks for the updates! Does the headphone door have a "hinge" on it? Like do you have to push it over to put the headphones in? Or is it a flap that stays open?

It is flap that will stay open when the headphones are plugged in. To close (and re-seal the port), you have to plug the flap back into the port opening. IT is a pretty tight fit, which is good.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Will probably end up getting this one or the otterbox one. I don't like how the ports aren't very accessible on the atlas

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
anyone have experience ordering from Mobile City Online?

Price seems to good to be true...which usually means bad things - (fake?)

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
How hard is it to reach in and get to the silent switch? Looks king of recessed back in there. Do you have to use a fingernail to get to it?

Thanks guys.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
How hard is it to reach in and get to the silent switch? Looks king of recessed back in there. Do you have to use a fingernail to get to it?

Thanks guys.

It is a little hard to get to but you can get to without your fingernail.

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Seidio added the iPhone manual to the Obex product page (before it was the Galaxy S3 manual):
http://www.seidioonline.com/apple-iphone-5-obex-waterproof-case-black-p/cswiph5-bk.htm
http://www.seidio.com/obex/doc/OBEX_Manual_iPhone_5.pdf

Interestingly the manual shows a different case revision inside vs. on the front and back page. The silence switch and the camera area are different. The revision inside the manual seems to be the same as in the photos on the Obex product page. But the case revision Seidio ships is yet another one (camera, backplate, etc)... Let's hope Seidio has figured it out in time and won't have to release different revisions every few weeks like LifeProof...

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How has the Obex been performing for everyone that has had it a few days?
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :mad:

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I just got my obex about an hour or so ago.

Had to make one call (to obex customer support but more on that in a minute) and wow...all I can say is the call volume doesn't sound muffled at all! Amazing so far!

I'll post more about my first reqctions to the case later tonight!

About the customer service call- the case is supposed to come with extra port covers/flaps whatever you call them but my case did not. I was on the call less than two minutes before someone answered, way better than lifeproof (i was on hold for 20 mins to just buy a case.) After just a second of explaining what happened they are shipping me the extra parts. I also realized I would love to have the holster and they let me add it on for just the price difference of the combo case instead of making me return the case and purchasing the combo or charging me $29. So far customer service has won me over from the LifeProof!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I just got my obex about an hour or so ago.

Had to make one call (to obex customer support but more on that in a minute) and wow...all I can say is the call volume doesn't sound muffled at all! Amazing so far!

I'll post more about my first reqctions to the case later tonight!

About the customer service call- the case is supposed to come with extra port covers/flaps whatever you call them but my case did not. I was on the call less than two minutes before someone answered, way better than lifeproof (i was on hold for 20 mins to just buy a case.) After just a second of explaining what happened they are shipping me the extra parts. I also realized I would love to have the holster and they let me add it on for just the price difference of the combo case instead of making me return the case and purchasing the combo or charging me $29. So far customer service has won me over from the LifeProof!

Sounds good, please gives us your review, pictures and video ASAP. :eek:

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Just received my Obex also and so very impressed. Same as poster above mine did not come with any extra port coverings. Overall I'm very happy with the hour I've had it on lol!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.