Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1
mrwilmoth
macrumors newbie

How to export iPhone notes?

Is there a program or a way to export the notes saved on my Haiphong? I know itunes syncs them but I do not know how to export them to my desktop?
mrwilmoth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:15 PM   #2
rorschach
macrumors 68000

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/index.html

PhoneView. Pretty sure the demo is fully functional, just time-lmited.

I bought it, it's a great app. Can search through or sort anything, export your notes, SMS, call logs, etc.

You can just drag your notes onto the desktop from it and it'll save them as .txt files.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:19 PM   #3
mrwilmoth
macrumors newbie

I downloaded it and it does nothing but crash, nice! lol
mrwilmoth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 05:21 PM   #4
dustinl4m3
macrumors regular

In Mail.app, right click on the notes mailbox and choose 'Archive Mailbox'. It will dump the notes in mbox format (essentially email - big text file).
dustinl4m3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:34 PM   #5
lloyd709
Banned

I know this is an old thread but just in case people still look at it I thought I'd mention I just donwloaded ecamm's PhoneView (link above) and I think it's brilliant. Just lets you access everything on your iphone really easily!!
lloyd709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:04 AM   #6
Clementine
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschach View Post
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/index.html

PhoneView. Pretty sure the demo is fully functional, just time-lmited.

I bought it, it's a great app. Can search through or sort anything, export your notes, SMS, call logs, etc.

You can just drag your notes onto the desktop from it and it'll save them as .txt files.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for introducing this application here. I have an old 3gs which was broken and about to die, and for a year I have been researching online how to export everything I had in it. Nothing I tried worked as it was jailbroken in 2009 and its firmware was never updated since. Neither did iphoto see the pics in it, nor any other program.
I just bought this phoneview software and in 1 hour I imported thousands of messages, notes, photos and videos to my mac. It is the simplest and most effective program I have ever seen! The best 30 bucks I have ever spent.
I wish you a great 2014!

Best,

Naz
Clementine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone