Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwilmoth

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Is there a program or a way to export the notes saved on my Haiphong? I know itunes syncs them but I do not know how to export them to my desktop?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/index.html

PhoneView. Pretty sure the demo is fully functional, just time-lmited.

I bought it, it's a great app. Can search through or sort anything, export your notes, SMS, call logs, etc.

You can just drag your notes onto the desktop from it and it'll save them as .txt files.

dustinl4m3

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
In Mail.app, right click on the notes mailbox and choose 'Archive Mailbox'. It will dump the notes in mbox format (essentially email - big text file).

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
I know this is an old thread but just in case people still look at it I thought I'd mention I just donwloaded ecamm's PhoneView (link above) and I think it's brilliant. Just lets you access everything on your iphone really easily!!

Clementine

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2009
istanbul
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/index.html

PhoneView. Pretty sure the demo is fully functional, just time-lmited.

I bought it, it's a great app. Can search through or sort anything, export your notes, SMS, call logs, etc.

You can just drag your notes onto the desktop from it and it'll save them as .txt files.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for introducing this application here. I have an old 3gs which was broken and about to die, and for a year I have been researching online how to export everything I had in it. Nothing I tried worked as it was jailbroken in 2009 and its firmware was never updated since. Neither did iphoto see the pics in it, nor any other program.
I just bought this phoneview software and in 1 hour I imported thousands of messages, notes, photos and videos to my mac. It is the simplest and most effective program I have ever seen! The best 30 bucks I have ever spent.
I wish you a great 2014!

Best,

Naz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.