Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1
TXipad3
macrumors newbie

"New iPad" or iPad3 warranty question

I bought the "new Ipad" or Ipad 3 64gb AT&T when it first came out in March 2012. I also got the warranty from the Apple store.

Since I first got it, it has always charged slowly and battery life was short. Co-workers have the same and not have had same issues as me (I close apps not in use and dim display too in an attempt to preserve battery with no luck). I have lived with the battery problem but I would like to get it looked at for warranty replacement.

I noticed the newer Ipads (Ipad 4??) have the small charging receptacle like the Iphone 5.

Questions:

1) Will a replacement Ipad still have the old style charger or new smaller size?

2) Should I get the warranty replacement now or should I wait?

3) If I waited longer on the warranty is there a chance I would be given a newer style model "new Ipad", Ipad 4, OR could I buy up to a newer model?

Thanks

Last edited by TXipad3; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
TXipad3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Your replacement will be an iPad 3. They're still available.

You can likely ask if you can pay to upgrade to the 4 or I guess if they're feeling nice they may allow you to get a mini. If the iPad 3 refurb is about what the mini is, it could be a wash. You could get lucky.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:34 AM   #3
TXipad3
macrumors newbie

Thank you for the quick reply. Not interested in the mini. I'll ask about buying up to the Ipad 4. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Last edited by TXipad3; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:42 AM   #4
aPple nErd
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXipad3 View Post
I bought the "new Ipad" or Ipad 3 64gb AT&T when it first came out in March 2012. I also got the warranty from the Apple store.

Since I first got it, it has always charged slowly and battery life was short. Co-workers have the same and not have had same issues as me (I close apps not in use and dim display too in an attempt to preserve battery with no luck). I have lived with the battery problem but I would like to get it looked at for warranty replacement.

I noticed the newer Ipads (Ipad 4??) have the small charging receptacle like the Iphone 6.

Questions:

1) Will a replacement Ipad still have the old style charger or new smaller size?

2) Should I get the warranty replacement now or should I wait?

3) If I waited longer on the warranty is there a chance I would be given a newer style model "new Ipad", Ipad 4, OR could I buy up to a newer model?

Thanks
iPhone 5^^^
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:44 AM   #5
TXipad3
macrumors newbie

ooops. meant Iphone 5.......edited
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:08 PM   #6
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXipad3 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply. Not interested in the mini. I'll ask about buying up to the Ipad 4. Maybe I'll get lucky.
You won't. Warranty service, even paid 'out of warranty' service is like for like. You can't pay up for a newer model, more storage etc. You can't even switch colors.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting