Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:35 PM   #276
MrDc2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
The death penalty is killing and in itself and logically it does not provide any protection to the society as the convicted individual is already locked up!!! With this widespread "logic" politicians should exercise more effort to properly phrase suggested bills so voters like yourself will at least have a basic idea of what they are voting for or against. Again, it would be productive for the death penalty enthusiasts to personally experience ending another persons life to really understand the impact of such significant act within our kind.
My views don't come from what any politician says, Konrad. I don't listen to the Libertarians, Republicans or Democrats or ask them or their proponents to think for me and give me opinions to regurgitate. What I do know is that your passive-aggressive arguments are really annoying. We're here to discuss the issue, not insult each other between the lines. Unless of course you're here to insult people between the lines and not really discuss the issue.

Yes, they are locked up. With other human beings. Serial killers get locked up with other human beings who may have been locked up for: tax evasion, theft, drug possession etc.

Last edited by MrDc2; Jan 23, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:46 PM   #277
Konrad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDc2 View Post
My views don't come from what any politician says, Konrad. I don't listen to the Libertarians, Republicans or Democrats or ask them or their proponents to think for me and give me opinions to regurgitate. What I do know is that your passive-aggressive arguments are really annoying. We're here to discuss the issue, not insult each other between the lines. Unless of course you're here to insult people between the lines and not really discuss the issue.

Yes, they are locked up. With other human beings. Serial killers get locked up with other human beings who may have been locked up for: tax evasion, theft, drug possession etc.
Permit me to annoy you some more. With a note pertaining to your complete lack of logic. You are blabbering about irrelevant issues. Try to be concise and to a point ensuring fundamental logic and sense of precision when in a dialogue.
Konrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:49 PM   #278
linkgx1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
America is still largely uncivilized. The still practiced death penalty is nothing but legalized killing. The noted pizza slice thief with a 25 year sentence and Saturday morning gun shopping with kids at local sporting goods stores after a breakfast that could feed two Sudanese families, - are all testimony to the largely dysfunctional "melting pot" country with a black president and ghettos in every city with homeless people all over the place looking for food in trash cans and begging for a buck by the hundreds of thousands.

Consider the all American invention of a warrant for arrest when a traffic citation is ignored. Forget to pay for this significant crime and you will be restrained, put down, jailed and humiliated like the animal you are.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:03 AM   #279
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
7 years, seems about right but I bet it was the maximum he could get or near it just because it was the Jobs home which they should have secured in the first place.
A little research would show you that the owner of the house has nothing to o with the length of the sentence
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:03 AM   #280
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
A little research would show you that the owner of the house has nothing to o with the length of the sentence
Yeah right I'm sure it doesn't .........
apolloa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:14 PM   #281
MrDc2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Permit me to annoy you some more. With a note pertaining to your complete lack of logic. You are blabbering about irrelevant issues. Try to be concise and to a point ensuring fundamental logic and sense of precision when in a dialogue.
lol. You need another course in reading comprehension. Adieu.
MrDc2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:25 PM   #282
wshyang
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonHarvey1 View Post
I assume you've never been the victim of a home invasion. It changes your life. It can trigger Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a total violation of your liberty and security. It's not the loss of some consumer items. You'll give a rats ass about that when it happens to you.
???

Home invasion?

What a dramatic term for just a burglary.

I suppose rape doesn't trigger PTSD also?
wshyang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:55 PM   #283
WestonHarvey1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshyang View Post
???

Home invasion?

What a dramatic term for just a burglary.

I suppose rape doesn't trigger PTSD also?
How is it a dramatic term? You understand that burglary involves breaking into someone's home, right?

Yes, rape triggers PTSD frequently.
WestonHarvey1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:09 AM   #284
harlequinn
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrz0170 View Post
Does it matter? He's a vile, low life, POS thief. I am sure the thinking would be different if it was your house that you came home to and found it burglarized. It's not a nice feeling knowing that some stranger violated your personal sanctum and took something away from you.

7 years is lenient. Criminals have far too many rights to begin with.
Yes it does matter.

I have been face to face with a thief during a break in - he wasn't expecting anyone to turn up.

Criminals have the same rights as everyone else. I doubt there is a person alive that hasn't broken some law or another in their country (either knowingly or unknowingly) - making us all criminals.
harlequinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:17 PM   #285
furi0usbee
macrumors 6502a

Update!

I did contact Tim Cook via email. I got a call from an Apple rep in Texas. I've emailed him before and got the same treatment. Anyway the guy was nice, but said to work with my local authorities (about my stolen MacBook Pro) and there was nothing Apple could do.

I don't know of any other companies where you email the CEO and the next day you get a phone call.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion