Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:08 PM   #426
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Is anyone updating their iOS now since a jailbreak will be released?
I would stay at the most recent firmware before 6.1 for your device (so, 6.0.1/6.0.2).

The developers have not said for sure that the jailbreak will be for 6.1 and not for 6.0.1/6.0.2.

You don't want to make the mistake of upgrading to 6.1 beta 5/GM, having Apple release it to the public, closing the signing window for 6.0.1/6.0.2, then being stuck on 6.1, should the jailbreak be not for 6.1.

It's speculated by interpretation of the tweets that it WILL be for 6.1, but if I were you, I'd rather be safe than sorry!
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:11 PM   #427
drakestan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Just upgrade to 6.0.2 and sit there till something positive comes out. No need to stay on 6.0.0.
drakestan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:16 PM   #428
Carlanga
macrumors 601
 
Carlanga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakestan View Post
Just upgrade to 6.0.2 and sit there till something positive comes out. No need to stay on 6.0.0.
Actually it's stupid to upgrade to 0.2 ATM that we are so close to a new jb release; you gain basically nothing and might risk all the waiting.
__________________
☻ "A dream you dream alone is only a dream...
... A dream you dream together is reality." ☻
Carlanga is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:37 PM   #429
drakestan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
Actually it's stupid to upgrade to 0.2 ATM that we are so close to a new jb release; you gain basically nothing and might risk all the waiting.
The jailbreak is previously confirmed to work on 6.0.2. Nothing has been confirmed for 6.0 itself although it's probably assumed that it would also work. There's no point in not upgrading to 6.0.2. They could close the signing period right after 6.1 releases, and somehow the exploit for 6.1 doesn't work anymore through some random late second fix. If they decide to release it, it will work on 6.0.2. You may as well upgrade to 6.0.2 for the small wifi fix and just for the idea of being up to date. In any case it's a moot point to bicker over.
drakestan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:17 PM   #430
docgerrard
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
If I am still on ios 5 because i don't want to lose my jailbreak, should I go ahead and upgrade now, or would it be safe to wait until a jailbreak is released for sure?
docgerrard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 PM   #431
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
Actually it's stupid to upgrade to 0.2 ATM that we are so close to a new jb release; you gain basically nothing and might risk all the waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakestan View Post
The jailbreak is previously confirmed to work on 6.0.2. Nothing has been confirmed for 6.0 itself although it's probably assumed that it would also work. There's no point in not upgrading to 6.0.2. They could close the signing period right after 6.1 releases, and somehow the exploit for 6.1 doesn't work anymore through some random late second fix. If they decide to release it, it will work on 6.0.2. You may as well upgrade to 6.0.2 for the small wifi fix and just for the idea of being up to date. In any case it's a moot point to bicker over.
Just because they said they jailbroke 6.0.2 doesn't mean the final release will see all firmwares from 6.0.0 to 6.1 jailbroken on all devices. 6.0.2 jailbreak twitter pictures could have been of a failbreak, not the final release.

Remember, iOS 5 was jailbroken on 5.0.1, but not 5.0.0, and on 5.1.1, but not 5.1.0, on the iPhone 4S.

The jailbreak game is getting trickier thus staying put is likely your best bet. I think it's safe to assume that they will prepare the jailbreak to exploit 6.1, and if not, then 6.0.2, but nothing is set in stone until they say so!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgerrard View Post
If I am still on ios 5 because i don't want to lose my jailbreak, should I go ahead and upgrade now, or would it be safe to wait until a jailbreak is released for sure?
I would advise being on iOS 6 to at least some extent very soon. If you stay put, you run the risk of missing an applicable signing window and potentially having no iOS 6 jailbreak.

I think we will see the jailbreak within a few days to a few weeks after this coming Friday with 6.1 being released, so you may want to upgrade sooner than later and sacrifice being without a jailbreak for a little while now so you can have one with iOS 6.
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:12 AM   #432
Darrent54
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I am currently running both 6.0.1 on both iPad 4 and iphone 5. Should i update to 6.0.2???
Darrent54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:18 AM   #433
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrent54 View Post
I am currently running both 6.0.1 on both iPad 4 and iphone 5. Should i update to 6.0.2???
Always stay as low as possible, keep watching the news for the release.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.1.2 Pangu
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:47 AM   #434
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
Always stay as low as possible, keep watching the news for the release.
If something is getting jailbroken it's sure as hell not 6.0.1.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:48 AM   #435
Darrent54
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
What should I do? I have ios 6.0.2 ipsw file saved on pc
Darrent54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:58 AM   #436
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrent54 View Post
What should I do? I have ios 6.0.2 ipsw file saved on pc
Why the **** do you have that? Just restore through iTunes.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:12 AM   #437
Darrent54
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I don't have wifi at home, but I managed to download the actual ipsw file to go on my phone. I just need to know should I use it or not. Ps it's a proper file downloaded via apple. I had plans to update, but reading here I don't know what to do
Darrent54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:25 AM   #438
Darrent54
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Actually I downloaded it a while ago, I don't have wifi at home. Only mobile phone Internet. But I have an app that allows you do download all sorts. Basically I downloaded it, tranafered via iTunes to pc. Then update via that file. Worked a treat. I then was reading about the jb and that it might be out for ios 6.0.1 so I just simply downgraded again. I just kept the file on my machine.

What should I do?? Will jb work with 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 or anything 6.0 after??
Darrent54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:50 AM   #439
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrent54 View Post
Actually I downloaded it a while ago, I don't have wifi at home. Only mobile phone Internet. But I have an app that allows you do download all sorts. Basically I downloaded it, tranafered via iTunes to pc. Then update via that file. Worked a treat. I then was reading about the jb and that it might be out for ios 6.0.1 so I just simply downgraded again. I just kept the file on my machine.

What should I do?? Will jb work with 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 or anything 6.0 after??
You're mistaken. It's JB for the 6.1 not the 6.0.1.

6.0.2 is confirmed to be jailbroken. But PB isn't releasing something until Apple releases 6.1.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:53 AM   #440
Darrent54
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I know i must be. Is this beta 5 not a hidden Gm release? And is that not what devs were waiting on?
Darrent54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:08 AM   #441
Siggen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
I'm still on 6.0 (10A405)

I'm not moving before a dev gives a green light, they have always said stay as low as possible, ALWAYS. And they have yet to say update yet. I have all my blobs saved, so updating to any of the higher firmwares than that which I am on and have blobs for should be okay (in theory, did anyone try this yet?).

And here is the verdict!

Tweet from random Chinese guy, planetbeings reply.

Google translate tells us this means:
Mars 3G:
I see you are Chinese, I am very glad to, ah, my English is not so high, do not understand your hair every time by means of software translation. But the technology, so that the Chinese people are very proud. There is also a problem. Want to jailbreak upgrade 6.1 or stick to 6.0.1 it?

Planetbeing:
Do not upgrade now.
__________________
13" MBP 2.8Ghz i7 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD 16GB RAM OSX ML
iPhone 5 64GB Black iOS6.1 Jailbreak
iPad 2 64GB Black iOS6.1 Jailbreak
ATV3 & Samsung 55" // iOS Dev Account
Siggen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:23 AM   #442
Siggen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrent54 View Post
I know i must be. Is this beta 5 not a hidden Gm release? And is that not what devs were waiting on?
They are not waiting for the GM release, they are waiting for the public release. Whats the difference? The difference is that the public release is released to the public, often nothing else (identical file).

Why? because apple can push a Beta6 if @evad3rs releases before public release. This is them pleasing the majority, and not the loudest mouthed.
__________________
13" MBP 2.8Ghz i7 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD 16GB RAM OSX ML
iPhone 5 64GB Black iOS6.1 Jailbreak
iPad 2 64GB Black iOS6.1 Jailbreak
ATV3 & Samsung 55" // iOS Dev Account
Siggen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:48 AM   #443
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
You're mistaken. It's JB for the 6.1 not the 6.0.1.

6.0.2 is confirmed to be jailbroken. But PB isn't releasing something until Apple releases 6.1.
Maybe read all the info again and than you might see that your conclusion is not true. It works on 6.01/6.02 and the 6.1 beta.

Official advise from the devs its NOT to upgrade and stay as low as possible.
Nobody knows what they are releasing it for. Maybe for all those firmwares maybe for 6.1 only.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.1.2 Pangu
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:56 AM   #444
Adutrumque
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriJetHero View Post
Maybe read all the info again and than you might see that your conclusion is not true. It works on 6.01/6.02 and the 6.1 beta.

Official advise from the devs its NOT to upgrade and stay as low as possible.
Nobody knows what they are releasing it for. Maybe for all those firmwares maybe for 6.1 only.
Let's see what happens.
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:07 AM   #445
TriJetHero
macrumors 601
 
TriJetHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
Let's see what happens.
That sounds like good advise instead of jumping to conclusions, what if they did only bring it out for 6.01/6.02 and people upgraded to 6.1 because you are "certain" it will be for 6.1 only, be careful with what you advise people, some might be stuck on 6.1 and have to wait for the next JB.
__________________
iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.6 Evasi0n7
iPad 4 3G 7.1.1 Stock
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 7.1.2 Pangu
Mac Book Pro 15" mid 2010
TriJetHero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:38 AM   #446
Mackan
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Bet Apple is monitoring this. Wouldn't surprise me if they let some annoying bug be in 6.1 by purpose, let the JB be released for 6.1, and then fix the bug and the JB hole in 6.1.1.

Of course, if the JB guys stay chilly, they would wait a while after 6.1 is released, to make sure it's stable.

/conspiracy
Mackan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:11 AM   #447
nednarm
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.K
Couple of recent updates... Seems like the release may well be happening this week: https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...57744299323392

And some more exciting news. It seems Comex is getting involved with the 6.1 JB. Who said the scene was dead?! https://twitter.com/comex/statuses/295865875054096385
__________________
15" rMBP 8GB RAM 256GB SSD. LG Panel.
Nexus 5 32GB
nednarm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:17 AM   #448
elberggreno
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
This seems like a confirmation of 6.1 (providing b5 is indeed what will be a public release) for me, also all devices! Yey!

https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...62004965584896
elberggreno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:17 AM   #449
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
Bet Apple is monitoring this. Wouldn't surprise me if they let some annoying bug be in 6.1 by purpose, let the JB be released for 6.1, and then fix the bug and the JB hole in 6.1.1.

Of course, if the JB guys stay chilly, they would wait a while after 6.1 is released, to make sure it's stable.

/conspiracy
Apple isn't gonna release a firmware package to the world that requires an update to fix an intentional venerability.
__________________
Two iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:02 AM   #450
Rosewood23
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midwest
Thinking of jail breaking my ipad for the first time once an iOS 6 JB appears. Any recommendations for websites to inform me of potential issues to be aware of? iPad should run as normal correct but now with options to run JB tweaks and apps? I should not lose anything currently on my iPad (books, movies etc.)? Thanks for the information.
Rosewood23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: Planetbeing releases "Signal2" apollo1444 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 30 Mar 18, 2013 05:24 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC