Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Yea, I am freaking pissed about this as it means that JB is now in limbo...

I feel worse for the people waiting for LTE support though. Id be pissed like crazy to see a beta 5 pop up instead.

Im guessing Apple devs are having a tough time with the LTE thing. I couldnt possibly see them hunting down JB exploits at customers expense.:rolleyes:

How do we find when a beta is to expire? Shouldnt it be published before people go DLing it?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
What's this whole LTE support thing I keep hearing about? LTE keeps dropping with AT&T (it was like that on 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1b1, 6.1b2, 6.1b3, and 6.1b4), if that's what you're referring to.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
What's this whole LTE support thing I keep hearing about? LTE keeps dropping with AT&T (it was like that on 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1b1, 6.1b2, 6.1b3, and 6.1b4), if that's what you're referring to.

Overseas LTE support supposedly depends on the public release of iOS 6.1 and Apple claimed LTE support would be ready this week for them...

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
When you say its in limbo, we take it as your saying it's in trouble - which it's not. Just delayed until the final 6.1 comes out. Apple has had some short beta builds in the past I think though.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
When you say its in limbo, we take it as your saying it's in trouble - which it's not. Just delayed until the final 6.1 comes out. Apple has had some short beta builds in the past I think though.

Yea, I meant the time to JB release...Unless Apple has decided to go hunting for the exploits.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
From the main thread:
This is the GM.

Build number of a final build and not a GM, installs and activates without UDID registration, and has no ReleaseType lockdown Keys.

Speculation of course but there's other people in there reporting only very minor changes. No release notes yet.

It's possible beta 5 is identical or nearly identical to 4 just to extend the expiry date and we can still see a public release this coming week.

They could have just called it a GM but maybe they didn't want to. Can't wait to see the release notes if there are any.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
From the main thread:

Speculation of course but there's other people in there reporting only very minor changes. No release notes yet.

They could have just called it a GM but maybe they didn't want to. Can't wait to see the release notes if there are any.

I'm restoring my 3GS (its UDID was never registered) on the alleged 6.1 beta 5. If it activates, then it's a GM. If it doesn't, then it's another beta.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
And in the other thread about this (MacRumors iOS6) another poster informed you at 9:30 PM this didn't require UDID to activate :rolleyes:

I didn't believe it. I wanted to verify it for myself... But it was only after I restored my 3GS that I found that multiple people already confirmed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.