Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiwi

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2010
Dubai
Good price, 50% off, I took it.

It would be nice if PDF Expert would also have folders preview e.g. based on latest uploaded file in that folder.

richimages

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Southeastern US
It looks very interesting ...

But for those who are interested in PDF annotations and organization, they have probably (like me) already accumulated several apps towards doing so. I'm always interesting in finding something better - but I'm not really ready to spend $10 to do so. If I did that ... I'd be spending $100 in no time.

think you could produce a "crippled" free version for us to try - say you can get used to the free version with only 10 or so PDF, and if you want to load more, then you could upgrade to the full version?

norsemen

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2007
I recommend anyone to try out PDF Expert Enterprise. Sign up for a free 30 days trial.

It have the same functionality as PDF Expert, but allows you to push documents to your users.

Best PDF app out there and I tried them all.

roror

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
No full-screen

The new version (4.5) doesn't seem to have full-screen support, unlike claimed. The status bar at the top (with time and battery etc.) is still visible. In the crop mode, the layout seems to get messed up once you switch away to a different app for some time and switch back.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Is anyone having any trouble with the highlighting on this app? It seems that if I highlight a few words here and there in a given paragraph, it will de-highlight what I highlighted above; it works reliably only when I want to highlight a chunk of lines at a time.

I know there is a "highlight pencil" option, but the color/transparency isn't the same as the stock perfect-line highlighting feature.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Is anyone having any trouble with the highlighting on this app? It seems that if I highlight a few words here and there in a given paragraph, it will de-highlight what I highlighted above; it works reliably only when I want to highlight a chunk of lines at a time.

I know there is a "highlight pencil" option, but the color/transparency isn't the same as the stock perfect-line highlighting feature.

This should've been fixed by now. Do you still have these issues?

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
This should've been fixed by now. Do you still have these issues?

I see in the App Store that it was updated February 8? I definitely had that problem after that, before I uninstalled it. Is there another update coming?

I am downloading the app again now to see if I still have the same problem and will let you know.

Yep, still same problem. When I highlight one line, if I go to highlight the line underneath, the line above will de-highlight.

Ugh, it's too bad. This is such a beautiful app otherwise, but unfortunately unusable to me because of that problem.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
I see in the App Store that it was updated February 8? I definitely had that problem after that, before I uninstalled it. Is there another update coming?

I am downloading the app again now to see if I still have the same problem and will let you know.

Yep, still same problem. When I highlight one line, if I go to highlight the line underneath, the line above will de-highlight.

Ugh, it's too bad. This is such a beautiful app otherwise, but unfortunately unusable to me because of that problem.

The big update is coming in a few weeks. I'll let you know the exact date soon.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I just downloaded some of their free apps the other day to take a peek to see if I want to go for paid versions. Time will tell, no doubt they are good but I need to see if I feel I personally will use them a lot.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
Is there any chance of implementing continuous vertical scrolling, and a zoom box for hand writing?

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
I wish it had a zoom feature for handwriting annotations.

It does have this feature- as long as it's a PDF you're trying to annotate. Pinch out to zoom into your PDF, write what you want, then pinch out. Voila! Also, if you annotate something and want to change the annotation's size after the fact, deselect any writing tools and then tap on your annotation. A selection box will form around the text. Drag the box in to shrink, or out to enlarge. PDF Expert will resample the text to make it look great. You can even drag and drop annotations to other areas on the page. Hope this helps.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010

Same problem here...also handwriting is very, very slow (unusable) on my iPad 4. I hope these issues will be fixed in the next update and that we'll get a true fullscreen (no status bar) mode

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
PDF Expert 4.6

Hi guys,

I've got great news. The last few months we've been working on a new version of PDF Expert for iPad. Finally we're ready to roll out even more powerful and intuitive solution for annotating PDF documents on the iPad. More than 20 improvements and new features were added to PDF Expert 4.6.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-expert-fill-forms-annotate/id393316844?mt=8

Generally, this version has strengthened PDF Expert as an annotation tool, adding a number of essential features. Among them are:

- Selection tool. People can select and work with several annotations at once: move, resize, edit or delete.

- Copy and Paste annotations. Copy already existing annotations and paste them anywhere in the document, or even into another file. (one of the most anticipated features)

- Shape tools. Improved geometric shapes tool allows you to change opacity and the color of the shape in a few tabs.

- Date picker. Especially important option for people that work with PDF forms frequently. Now adding time and date can be done in seconds thanks to our custom keyboard. (it was critical for loads of people who work with PDF forms - they should be happy now :)

- More improvements to make workflow smooth and easy.

Overall, the new update simplifies annotations and make the whole process more natural.

Iphone4sinwhite

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
I love this App! :)

However some of the PDFs I use for work have the occasional page orientation (landscape <=> portrait) swapped within the PDF. Is there anyway to temporarily rotate individual pages within a PDF while viewing them with PDF reader?

mancinna2011

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Hi guys,
Just want to confirm something.

I have a PDF form that I use for work, I can open it in Adobe Reader and enter the information in the fields all perfectly fine and can email it straight out but I would like to be able to "save as" a copy onto the iPad.

Will PDF Expert give me the ability to do this?
Or can someone recommend me an app that will allow it :)

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.