Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VasileiosTech

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Here is my setup....

Attachments

• 2013-01-09 14.26.00.jpg
    2013-01-09 14.26.00.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 305

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Vintage Inspired room

Just a lil update to my room.

So it will be nice to finally get back to my rowing and university lectures at the end of this week. I think having too much time off can also get boring and this is why i've been changing my room around a bit LOL, out of boredom xD.

So I bought a floating shelf a couple of days ago from B&Q with the intention of having it as a mini desk of sorts for my Power Mac G4 QuickSilver, For the past 18 months its been been gathering dust and has been used as a bedside table xD.

I have tried to keep everything in this desk area 2004 and before, with the exception of the Mighty mouse and 2006 Mac mini, to be moved shortly. (The mouse is soon to be replaced with the matching pro mouse). I also found some brand new unused pair of Apple pro speakers for £24.99 on eBay which should be arriving shortly.

I'm using the G4 to run Mac OS 9.2 and also Mac OS X Tiger to be a syncing machine for my 2004 iPod 20GB, which I have just restored to brand new condition by fitting a new enclosure on it.

Overall i'm quite pleased how this extra mini desk/setup has turned out and the G4 runs Tiger flawlessly. I was perhaps thinking of replacing it though with a dual MDD G4 as G4's these days are insanely cheap online. We shall see.

Going old Skool by Ryan J. Nicholson, on Flickr

I guess you could call my room Mid-century inspired, although I was going more for a 1970's style as its my favourite era.

Desk frontal shot (on xmas day)

My Desk For christmas by Ryan J. Nicholson, on Flickr

Main desk area rear (taken a few days after xmas)

Room by Ryan J. Nicholson, on Flickr

Last edited:

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I've changed mine around a little since last posting,
Changed my monitor to a new 24" Acer S Series
Finally got a mouse pad!
Added an M-Audio Fast-track for simple input recording, and paired it with a pair of B&W P5's.
My Girlfriends Canon EOS1100D (I think) is sat behind the Macbook as well.

Being a student this is the tidiest it gets!

IMG_1749.jpg

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
I have tried to keep everything in this desk area 2004 and before, with the exception of the Mighty mouse and 2006 Mac mini, to be moved shortly. (The mouse is soon to be replaced with the matching pro mouse). I also found some brand new unused pair of Apple pro speakers for £24.99 on eBay which should be arriving shortly.

I like your setup the best! Its so unique, clean looking, and very inspired. BTW I really like your main desk setup, I really want to get those shelves/desk setup and model my room around it

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Would you, by any means, have a link for that? I would be really appreciated!

I'll have a look, but my mum got me it from a local Book shop which was having a sale it was reduced from like £30.00 to £12.00

this is it

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/music/bob-dylan-treasures/9781862009585

----------

I like your setup the best! Its so unique, clean looking, and very inspired. BTW I really like your main desk setup, I really want to get those shelves/desk setup and model my room around it

thanks a lot, they sell the desk and shelves in Ikea. I think the desk was only £32.00 and the shelves where £120. Its apart of the Ikea Expedicit range.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I'll have a look, but my mum got me it from a local Book shop which was having a sale it was reduced from like £30.00 to £12.00

this is it

http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/music/bob-dylan-treasures/9781862009585

----------

thanks a lot, they sell the desk and shelves in Ikea. I think the desk was only £32.00 and the shelves where £120. Its apart of the Ikea Expedicit range.

Thank u sir! One last question, is the book really good? And does that posters you have there come with the book for sure? The tambourine especially!!

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Thank u sir! One last question, is the book really good? And does that posters you have there come with the book for sure? The tambourine especially!!

well the posters came in mine, in like little sleeves on the hard covers. There are other items like replica concert tickets etc.

kraunsky

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2009
Melbourne, AU
Got my new Macbook Pro and Dell Monitor today. Now that I have 1 of those Dell monitors I like them so much that I'm just gunna buy another one, instead of having 2 different model monitors like I did with my Acer 24 + Dell 22. :)

Now to go do some work so that I can buy another monitor! Ahah

desk.png

BruceiD

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
Belgium
deskside.jpg

deskscreenon.jpg

What you can see:
  • iPhone 4S 16GB
    rMBP 2,3 - 16 - 256
    Asus V238 monitor
    Magic Mouse
    Time Capsule 1TB
    Mobee Magic mouse charger
    IKEA lamp, desk and mouse pad
The monkey wallpaper was shot by me in Antwerp! :D

AppleCore77

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2012
What you can see:
  • iPhone 4S 16GB
    rMBP 2,3 - 16 - 256
    Asus V238 monitor
    Magic Mouse
    Time Capsule 1TB
    Mobee Magic mouse charger
    IKEA lamp, desk and mouse pad
The monkey wallpaper was shot by me in Antwerp! :D

Nice set up! How do you like the Mobee Magic mouse charger? I saw it on here the other day and it looks pretty decent but I've read mixed reviews on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.