Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
So I was inspired by an very minimalist setup over on OCN so I cleaned my setup up even more:

Attachments

• New Desk .jpg
    New Desk .jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 745

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
my setup ... not in picture ipad4 which was busy elsewhere, and iPhone 5 taking the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 230

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
9385DC29-AA7B-49E1-8ECB-271E702657F3-10019-000003C1F5D78FFE.jpg

My setup after a quick clean, there's a 70's Yamaha Amp under the desk running the 9.1's.

I'm a uni student, hence the wallpaper.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Isn't it the same keyboard? Same raised height, same keys, same aluminum, etc.? The only difference is no right side number pad portion of the keyboard.

The other problem is that the arrow keys are too small and the ones above them are nonexistent (page up, down ect.).

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Isn't it the same keyboard? Same raised height, same keys, same aluminum, etc.? The only difference is no right side number pad portion of the keyboard.

plus it has a back space and delete..

the biggest thing though is that it feels to small, and doesn't work in the pre os environment

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
plus it has a back space and delete..

the biggest thing though is that it feels to small, and doesn't work in the pre os environment

Other than keys it doesn't have, it's the same exact size. Anyhow, backspace is on every aluminum Apple keyboard. Delete key can be replicated with Fn + Backspace. I honestly have never used Insert, Page up/down, etc.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Other than keys it doesn't have, it's the same exact size. Anyhow, backspace is on every aluminum Apple keyboard. Delete key can be replicated with Fn + Backspace. I honestly have never used Insert, Page up/down, etc.

I've run into use cases. Power users use those keys all the time for rapidly navigating through documents and such. It's not the end of the world, but I do wish that I had those keys. I wish Apple would make a 'Pro Wireless Keyboard' or something that had the full 10 key and such.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here

I get what your saying..

If I wanted to do that I would have kept my wireless keyboard. I would like this keyboard to be wireless..actually I'd like it to be both wireless for normal use and USB for pre OS stuff

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID

I ordered my new iMac with the USB keyboard because I use these keys a LOT. My day is filled with front-end web development work (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) and these keys save me a lot of time navigating long code documents, though that may be due to my PC roots. Plus, this will be my office computer, and you'd be surprised how tough it is to track down AA batteries here in a pinch. But, I do have the bluetooth keyboard at home, and apart from the extra keys, it "types" the same and is actually a really nice keyboard.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I've run into use cases. Power users use those keys all the time for rapidly navigating through documents and such. It's not the end of the world, but I do wish that I had those keys. I wish Apple would make a 'Pro Wireless Keyboard' or something that had the full 10 key and such.

I agree. But on the other hand, most people (NOT power users) don't ever use those keys. Plus, the smaller size can be beneficial in certain cases. YMMV.

I would buy this as the current wireless keyboard is to small (Visually) and I need the number pad (old habits die hard)

I see your point.

I get what your saying..

If I wanted to do that I would have kept my wireless keyboard. I would like this keyboard to be wireless..actually I'd like it to be both wireless for normal use and USB for pre OS stuff

That would be the dream. Something that works along the lines of the Razer Orochi. Wired and wireless.

I ordered my new iMac with the USB keyboard because I use these keys a LOT. My day is filled with front-end web development work (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) and these keys save me a lot of time navigating long code documents, though that may be due to my PC roots. Plus, this will be my office computer, and you'd be surprised how tough it is to track down AA batteries here in a pinch. But, I do have the bluetooth keyboard at home, and apart from the extra keys, it "types" the same and is actually a really nice keyboard.

I'm a developer too. Currently at work doing some C#. I'm a second year undergrad and my programming classes were all in a UNIX/Linux environment. But doing C# (aka working in Windows) has made me realize that it's different like you say.

I personally use a Razer BlackWidow tournament stealth edition keyboard for programming. No number pad, page up/down, etc. Then again, most of my coding work is done in CentOS Linux and in the VI editor. Even when I use an IDE, there are other methods of scrolling through long documents.

Last edited:

kraunsky

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2009
Melbourne, AU
Here's my old setup with my MB.. Waiting for my MBP to come!

Late 2008 Macbook w/ 2.0GHz C2D, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB HDD
iPad 2 16GB Wifi
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Magic Mouse
Acer V243HL 24" Monitor
Twelve South BookArc

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 313

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
is there any chance we can get a picture with the light on, it looks good but i want to see how useful the light actually is. also any chance you know the name of it ?

You may want to quote or contact the actual poster of the image and not the person quoting it; just so that they realize who you're actually asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.