Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
harrypotter-snapemybodyisready.gif

Really hoping for a March release. Although I know October is much more likely.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I'm getting tired and annoyed of product leaks!

I miss the days when products were not basically leaked piece by piece and essentially put together weeks before the announcement. I miss the days of not knowing what was going to be unveiled at the keynote. I miss the feeling of complete surprise and awe when the product was finally unveiled after waiting on the edge of my seat for what felt like an eternity.

Sure the leak if the iphone 4 was some fluke freak accident - and shocking at the same time, but knowing what the iphone 5 looked like a month before the keynote was just down right annoying.

I wish the supply chain would stop leaking images :(

so you want 0 rumor news? what the hell?

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009

I miss the days when products were not basically leaked piece by piece and essentially put together weeks before the announcement. I miss the days of not knowing what was going to be unveiled at the keynote. I miss the feeling of complete surprise and awe when the product was finally unveiled after waiting on the edge of my seat for what felt like an eternity.

Sure the leak if the iphone 4 was some fluke freak accident - and shocking at the same time, but knowing what the iphone 5 looked like a month before the keynote was just down right annoying.

And you can still be surprised. Just stop reading Apple news. :) I know what you mean though.

----------

where is the new iPad Mini ?!?!?!?
It's right there. It doesn't look any different because it's going to have a Retina Screen.

Last edited:

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Looks really great. Though I do worry about the heat generated by whatever chip is driving a retina display in a body that small, given how hot the considerably larger 3rd and 4th generation ipads get.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I like the rumor aspect. Rumours are not facts, rumours can be wrong! Rumours can get everyone talking
But when all these FACTS are being leaked it gets a bit old, I miss the guessing and wondering.
As a shareholder (yes, still), I'm kind of glad to see some leaks. Hopefully it will even out this roller coaster ride.

It's actually interesting to see comments like yours. It occurred to me that tech releases are not just about the product. It's about their ability to surprise. Think about this - would your Christmas present be as awesome if it sat under the tree for 2 weeks unwrapped?

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
Hope the mini has fixed wi-fi. I'm getting tired of mine constantly losing connection. Though, I've been thinking of getting a full size retina. I'm not sure about anything anymore. The mini is sized perfectly, but the full size was better for web-surfing.

simsdaniel

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2012
Sacramento, California
I would be so disappointed.

Getting rid of the bezels?? WTF?? Not sure if someone threw a brick at Jonny Ive's head or if this is because Steve Jobs isn't here to point out this garbage design. If this truly is the new iPad than I'm done getting iPads from Apple. I have never been this disappointed in Apple.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

Stay off sites like these then? Or just stay off the Internet completely since this so upsets you:rolleyes:

ifij775

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Boston, MA
Getting rid of the bezels?? WTF?? Not sure if someone threw a brick at Jonny Ive's head or if this is because Steve Jobs isn't here to point out this garbage design. If this truly is the new iPad than I'm done getting iPads from Apple. I have never been this disappointed in Apple.

Umm, smaller is better. Chop off more than 20% of the weight, and you have a winner.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Hope the mini has fixed wi-fi. I'm getting tired of mine constantly losing connection. Though, I've been thinking of getting a full size retina. I'm not sure about anything anymore. The mini is sized perfectly, but the full size was better for web-surfing.

No issues with wifi on my mini. Maybe you got a lemon?

blucurv

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2009
Fake. Though I do believe that this is exactly what Apple will do, I can't get over the fact that the 'd' looks like it was poorly cloned in photoshop.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

I'm going to guess you're in the minority with the wifi issues... Either your mini is borked or your router is.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Umm, smaller is better. Chop off more than 20% of the weight, and you have a winner.

Only, a lot of that space is taken up by battery, so would also mean reduced battery life.
Unless they use the same technology as the iPhone 5 battery (not sure if the iPad 4 does) which gives it a slightly better life..

blucurv

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2009

Woah, easy there. I was skeptical at first, but the smaller bezel is actually great on the mini. I found myself holding it like an iPhone, specially since it weights lesser than my 4S, if that stud case with the new iPad, then it shouldn't be a problem.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
This is the iPad to replace my 3rd gen. I'm glad I've been waiting to upgrade my full size one till this generation.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
iPad 3: heavy for long periods, edges are uncomfortable after long periods

anything to mitigate the two above is a sale for me.

Doubt it. Unfortunately Jony Ive has a strange obsession with sharp edges. The mini has them as well.

chevman

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
Maybe time to replace my iPad 2?

I was hoping to have it for at least 2 years before upgrading.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
That makes a lot more sense to me than the current iteration. I've always thought that the bezels were totally fugly. It may have been necessary to use wide bezels due to the weight of the iPad, but if they manage to trim the wieght, then they can get by with more attractive, thinner bezels.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
About same time ip5 leaks started if pegged for October 2013 release.

This will be sweet with an A7X in it.

Not sure smaller bezel is desired. It would be irritating when holding it. And, isn't that a main advantage of thinner/lighter--easier to hold?

Last edited:

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Looks good from what I see here. The main reason I took back my iPad 4 was due to how large and bulky it was compared to the mini. If this is legit, Apple is on the right path.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.