Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:32 AM   #226
axual
macrumors regular

Evidently ...

As Billy Crystal, playing Fernando Lamas was fond of saying: "It's better to look good than to feel good, dahling" or "you look mahvelous".

Hollywood creates much better fiction ... and this movie likely demonstrates that to a tee.
axual is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:14 PM   #227
koban4max
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Blount View Post
Call the waaaambulance. Who in the hell cares if Woz get's his feelings hurt.
gee golly...maybe somebody should make a film about you how you're not "straight" person..or maybe you like little kids.... (well not to these extremes)..but my point remains..

should we say...who cares because that's who you are?
koban4max is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:19 AM   #228
Stately
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpe33 View Post
Oh come on, Woz! It's a movie, it's supposed to take some creative license. I'm sure the true way it happened is probably rather boring...nobody wants to see that!
I would agree . . if this was creative. Woz is right and he's the last of the duo, so I think he should have some say so .
Old Jul 4, 2013, 05:35 PM   #229
neversink
macrumors regular

I am sure the way Woz recollects events might actually be fiction.... Who cares, Woz?
neversink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:15 PM   #230
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversink View Post
I am sure the way Woz recollects events might actually be fiction.... Who cares, Woz?
+1

"eyewitness reports" are often wrong hours/days after the event - and we're supposed to believe that Woz's recollections of events 30 years ago are 100% true?

It seems like a minor point that Woz is upset about, let it go.
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:26 PM   #231
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
glad to hear Woz's comments. but i'll still see the movie
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:34 PM   #232
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a

When it comes to films like that if so much is not even based on what happened to any great degree what is even the point? Might as well just be a made up story about some random company. Maybe I am just more picky with this types of ideas.

However getting everything done perfectly is not going to be easy after that many years nor if one can ask everyone involved which of course would have their own idea of what really happened.
Xiroteus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2013, 01:04 PM   #233
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502

wow, didn't knew this. i hope they modify the JOBS' script.
egoistaxx9 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:39 AM   #234
BarryL
macrumors regular

Yeah who cares Woz. Movie should still be good. Plus it's just a movie, Woz.. Relax man.
BarryL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 03:24 AM   #235
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsInTheCloud View Post
Oh, give me a break, Thomas! Did you notice the subtitle of his book includes the phrase "How I invented the personal computer"? Woz gets more credit than he deserves from Apple Fanboys and so-called computer "journalists" alike. If you believe he invented the personal computer, allow me to convince you how I invented sex.
Fact is, Woz _did_ invent the personal computer. Jobs realized that to sell it in numbers, it must come with a built-in ready-to-use power supply and a keyboard, and he found the first buyers. And Markulla knew how to run a company and how to sell things in big numbers.

And if you had invented sex, you wouldn't even have been born.
gnasher729 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 08:37 AM   #236
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
fact is, woz _did_ invent the personal computer. Jobs realized that to sell it in numbers, it must come with a built-in ready-to-use power supply and a keyboard, and he found the first buyers. And markulla knew how to run a company and how to sell things in big numbers.

+1
GermanyChris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:18 AM   #237
moxin
macrumors regular

a question, why do people believe in every thing Woz says?
moxin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:36 AM   #238
throAU
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFerrr View Post
Yeah.. "Anyone who reads my book iWoz can get a clearer picture."... sounds like capitalism to me... oh Woz...
What's he supposed to do? Read the guy a copy of his book in the interview?

I've got his book and there's way too much to cover in a brief interview to get the full picture (at least of Woz's perspective).

I'm quite sure Woz is comfortable enough as it is without having to push his book hard. I'm sure it was more of an off the cuff remark as in "well, i've written what happened if you want my version of the story" thing. I'm sure they can borrow one from the local library without needing to purchase, also (he did say READ, not BUY).
throAU is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 07:30 AM   #239
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxin View Post
a question, why do people believe in every thing Woz says?
People are inclined to believe Woz because he's decent guy, unlike Mr. Jobs.
GermanyChris is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:59 AM   #240
kdarling
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Fact is, Woz _did_ invent the personal computer. Jobs realized that to sell it in numbers, it must come with a built-in ready-to-use power supply and a keyboard, and he found the first buyers. And Markulla knew how to run a company and how to sell things in big numbers.
Well, I like Wozniak, and I'm glad he put up with Steve Jobs long enough for the latter to become influential, but he did not invent the personal computer. He invented one of them, at a time when others were doing the same thing.

As for Jobs, he got the idea of a single beige enclosure from the desktop calculators he had seen at HP, just like everyone else.

The big numbers didn't happen for a while, as the Apple II cost a lot, starting at $1300 for a unit with no monitor. That's the equivalent of almost $5,000 today. It was also only available in geek stores at first.

It was $600 computers like the TRS-80, and later even cheaper computers from Atari and Commodore, widely available at local stores, that made home computers affordable and popular. They outsold the Apples by a huge margin for years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trs80_sales_percentage.png
Views:	12
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	422928
kdarling is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:57 AM   #241
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:

It was Ed Roberts who coined the phrase "personal computer" when the Altair 8800 was released. This was a year before the Apple I.

There was also Micral which was about 3 years before the Apple I
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 01:02 PM   #242
Toltepeceno
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFerrr View Post
Yeah.. "Anyone who reads my book iWoz can get a clearer picture."... sounds like capitalism to me... oh Woz...
He should be more like apple, anti capitalism......oh, wait.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Blount View Post
People need to realize that a movie like this is a representation of what happened and NOT actually what happened. Throw in creative license for entertainment purposes and you have a movie that will probably be pretty good.

Woz needs to get that through his head before he starts shooting his mouth off.
So you would not say anything if someone was portraying your life wrong? I find that hard to believe. How about if it was portrayed as someone else fathering your kids? Just entertainment, right?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesser Evets View Post
The preview was so badly staged and acted that I thought it was a horror movie. Watch "Pirates" if you want a good film about Apple.

...poetic?
Don't you get it? Completely changing someone else's life is poetic.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Let's see guys

Real Woz is fat - movie Woz is fat

Not sure what he's complaining about?!
You mean like californians are self centered and arrogant -movie californians should be portrayed that way also.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacalis View Post
The best part of the movie is the end, where Jobs ascends into heaven.
Did they leave out the part about his fanboys lining up to pleasure him?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:13 PM   #243
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toltepeceno View Post

So you would not say anything if someone was portraying your life wrong? I find that hard to believe. How about if it was portrayed as someone else fathering your kids? Just entertainment, right?
More cutting in....I could see how such things could bother someone, if a movie is based on real life events I aspect them to at least try to get things right or what is the point? They might as well just make up names and companies and let people figure out who they are suppose to be.
Xiroteus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion