Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:27 PM   #1
kathryne_B
macrumors member

Why is iPad doing this?

Hello everyone,

Ok here is the thing. I basically get on the net using my iPad via AT&T. I can access everything, except for this one board. If I am at home using the wifi connection, I have no problem whatsoever, but the minute I disconnect and use AT&T, when I try to login to the board, I get an error message, telling me I need to use my screen name and password. I've tried and tried, but w/o success. So, basically, I can't get into that board if I'm on the road. I went to the help forum at the board I'm trying to connect and someone there told me that it the board cookie issue and AT&T conflicting with each other. I tried contacting AT&T, but they make it so difficult to get an answer. Would anyone here happen to know a work-around this problem or how I can resolve this? I'd be much obliged. TIA!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:42 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

This may seem easy, but have you tried telling your iPad to accept all cookies?

Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies>Always.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:26 AM   #3
kathryne_B
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
This may seem easy, but have you tried telling your iPad to accept all cookies?

Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies>Always.
Hey HazyClould, thank you for answering my post. Yes, I have the box checked on my iPad telling it to accept all cookies. Thanx again.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryne_B View Post
Hey HazyClould, thank you for answering my post. Yes, I have the box checked on my iPad telling it to accept all cookies. Thanx again.
Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome or Mercury? If those don't work, I'm not not sure what else to try.

Last edited by HazyCloud; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:04 AM   #5
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Have you tried using another wifi network?
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:08 AM   #6
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
Have you tried using another wifi network?
It works on Wi-Fi, just not AT&T's network. This may be an issue that can't be fixed.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:12 AM   #7
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
It works on Wi-Fi, just not AT&T's network. This may be an issue that can't be fixed.
Apologies I miss read. Have you tried calling AT&T ?

Over here a phone or iPad will be blocked depending on network for certain content.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:13 AM   #8
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Do you have an AT&T phone you could use? Either yours or a friends? Just to see if it is AT&Ts network.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 01:30 PM   #9
kathryne_B
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Do you have an AT&T phone you could use? Either yours or a friends? Just to see if it is AT&Ts network.
Thanx all for all your help. I'm sorry I'm late in posting this. It had to do with AT&T. I wrote to them and they fixed whatever was interfering with my being able to get on. I can get on using my iPad. Have a great day all! Thanx again!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting