Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:00 AM   #1
ikcikc
macrumors newbie

Question Enter SIM PIN without restarting?

I have my SIM PIN set - and when I switch on the phone - I get the screen that gives me 3 attempts to enter the PIN code to unlock my phone. All well and good... However - if I happen to switch on the phone and get distracted - and it goes into "sleep mode" - when I then slide the slider I no longer have the option to enter a PIN code available - I simply have "Locked SIM" in the top left corner. I can shut down the phone and start again - but its all a little bit annoying to have to do this once one has missed the short window of opportunity to enter the PIN (I have the phone set to sleep after 1 minute)...

Is there any menu option or any way to get to the PIN entry screen without restarting the phone? I would have thought that trying to make a call would do this - but no...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ikcikc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:24 PM   #2
tjk
macrumors newbie

up. same problem((
tjk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:33 AM   #3
dance
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk View Post
up. same problem((
I have the same prob too. However by making a call it used to give u the option this was with firmware 1.1.1. This doesn't work anymore so I guess its a bug?
dance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:05 AM   #4
tjk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance View Post
I have the same prob too. However by making a call it used to give u the option this was with firmware 1.1.1. This doesn't work anymore so I guess its a bug?
yep, tried many things. calling, writing sms, changing pin even... nothing brings the menu back in 1.1.4
tjk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:16 AM   #5
NeoMayhem
macrumors 6502a

Same problem. I thought that turning Airplane mode on and off would do it, but it doesn't work.

The only thing I have had work is popping the sim out and putting it back, or restarting.
NeoMayhem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:22 AM   #6
Snookerman
macrumors 6502

I just updated to 6.1 in my iPhone 5 and wasn't even prompted to enter my PIN. I looked around in the settings and tried to make a phone call but still no PIN prompt. I guess you still have to restart you iPhone to unlock your SIM.
Snookerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:51 AM   #7
Nale72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookerman View Post
I just updated to 6.1 in my iPhone 5 and wasn't even prompted to enter my PIN. I looked around in the settings and tried to make a phone call but still no PIN prompt. I guess you still have to restart you iPhone to unlock your SIM.
Settings - Phone - SIM-PIN

I had the other way around. Since the last update i haven't been promted to enter my SIM Pin, not even after a reboot, and have been able to make calls anyway. So my SIM Pin was useless before, even tried to deactivate and reactivate with no effect.

After the 6.1 update however, I was promted to enter the pin again, so I thought it was a bug they had fixed with 6.1.
Nale72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:17 AM   #8
Snookerman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nale72 View Post
Settings - Phone - SIM-PIN

I had the other way around. Since the last update i haven't been promted to enter my SIM Pin, not even after a reboot, and have been able to make calls anyway. So my SIM Pin was useless before, even tried to deactivate and reactivate with no effect.

After the 6.1 update however, I was promted to enter the pin again, so I thought it was a bug they had fixed with 6.1.
I tried that but it didn't work; I only got the two grayed out options and no prompt.

However, I tried it now after restarting and it does work. I guess there was a bug right after upgrading which is why I wasn't prompted at the start or in the settings.
Snookerman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting