Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrioBriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Canada
Anyone know what might feature the next version of the Mac OS? I personnally start to prefer Windows 7 to OS X for some reasons. Hope It'll flip and I'll prefer OS again.

Also any thought on when it should be realase?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
10.9? Probably in the summer, but we may get a dev preview of it in the coming weeks like with ML last year.

BrioBriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Canada
10.9? Probably in the summer, but we may get a dev preview of it in the coming weeks like with ML last year.

Oh, great to hear. Talking about that, when the next Apple conference where they should show new Mac Pro/Display etc is rumored to be?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Oh, great to hear. Talking about that, when the next Apple conference where they should show new Mac Pro/Display etc is rumored to be?

WWDC in June probably.

PS: Software update, upgrade--what's the difference?
Key differences

A software update is usually downloadable free of charge; a software upgrade usually is not.
A software upgrade usually increments the first "dot" number of a product (for example Mac OS X v10.6, Mac OS X v10.5); a downloadable software update usually increments second "dot" number (for example, Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X v10.5.8).

Nov 28, 2010
located
Good to know that. I heard here and there some speculations, but it's the 1st time I really see something official. I'll patiently waiting these days :)

There is nothing official yet. As you can see, the WWDC site is still caught back in 2012.

Don't be so glad about yearly upgrades of Mac OS X, Apple seems to have it ****ed up in some ways with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and wanted to paint over it with a newer shiny version of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. An upgrade every two years seemed to have fared quite well with Mac OS X before since Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at least, but I guess Apple wants to keep up and go ahead with its OS X version like it does with its iOS version.

But then again, I am not a proponent of Apple's current Mac OS X strategy and am still using the Windows XP of Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

BrioBriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Canada
There is nothing official yet. As you can see, the WWDC site is still caught back in 2012.

Don't be so glad about yearly upgrades of Mac OS X, Apple seems to have it ****ed up in some ways with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and wanted to paint over it with a newer shiny version of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. An upgrade every two years seemed to have fared quite well with Mac OS X before since Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at least, but I guess Apple wants to keep up and go ahead with its OS X version like it does with its iOS version.

But then again, I am not a proponent of Apple's current Mac OS X strategy and am still using the Windows XP of Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Oh, didn't saw it was 2012

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the Lion update too. I just hope it'll get a better update in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.