Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:45 PM   #76
Alonzo84
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn View Post

You are a star. It worked. Kind of annoying that this is the solution though as I have always used my gmail account (which my iTunes was signed in with) for iTunes purchases, and my mobile me (which my phone was signed in with) for syncing calendars, bookmarks etc. I guess this means that, if I have to choose one to have them both signed in with, I will lose functionality of the other?

Either way, thanks for helping me out, was losing hope! Very grateful.

miKe.Tomb: glad you found your solution too! Thanks for sharing!

p.s., thanks to everyone else who tried to help. much appreciated.
I am logged in to my MobileMe/iCloud @me.com account for iCloud services (mail, contacts, calender, etc.) and my old gmail AppleID for iTunes (music and app purchases) simultaneously. So far everything works as it did before iCloud. I make iTunes purchases under my old AppleID and everything else is synced just like it was with MobileMe.
Alonzo84 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:55 AM   #77
PeterOz
macrumors newbie

Smile it works, YEAH

Hi

I had the same problem and after searching for hours I finally have got it to work.
THANKS YOU mike.tomb. You suggestions fixed the problem.
I am no able to use wife sync
PeterOz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:07 AM   #78
RedRallyeZ
macrumors regular

Well I also have the MobileMe/other Apple ID for purchases scenario going on, however, my bigger problem is that iTunes isn't even seeing my phone when its USB'ed in. nothing under the devices, let alone wifi sync.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:09 AM   #79
donnaw
macrumors 65816

I have a Win 7 64-bit install. I was having the same issue. Now my laptop I sync to is located in the back bedroom by the router. But it is connected via wifi. I usually use my iPad in the living room (about 30' or so away) but I have a strong signal.

When I look ay the "iTunes WiFi sync" it says it will sync when the laptop becomes avaliable. I have iTunes set up to sync via WiFi, and my Apple ID and iCloud I'd are identical and iTunes is closed.

What I found was that my WiFi signal apparently is not strong enough when I'm in the living room. When I walk back to the bedroom it becomes avaliable. Just to be sure I plugged my iPad in last night in that bedroom and it worked automatically.

Don't know about anybody else but it worked for me. Problem is I don't like having to put my iPad back there every night or so. I'll just walk it back every so often and manually sync via Settings.
donnaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:51 AM   #80
bassanoclapper
macrumors regular

Wireless sync works for my iP4 but not my iPad

Edit: iTunes Tick box wasn't selected. Sorry, false alarm

Last edited by bassanoclapper; Oct 15, 2011 at 08:06 AM.
bassanoclapper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:56 PM   #81
m021478
macrumors 6502

Was having the same problem and resolved it by consolidating my previous configuration of multiple iCloud accounts into a single account. Syncing now works for me for the first time!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:03 PM   #82
sn
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo84 View Post
I am logged in to my MobileMe/iCloud @me.com account for iCloud services (mail, contacts, calender, etc.) and my old gmail AppleID for iTunes (music and app purchases) simultaneously. So far everything works as it did before iCloud. I make iTunes purchases under my old AppleID and everything else is synced just like it was with MobileMe.
Actually, everything seems fine for me too. Surprised but not complaining!
sn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:11 AM   #83
adesinacat
macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is already posted.

I got this same problem when I upgraded to Lion on my Mac. I did a restore on my iPod Touch, restarted my computer, restarted the iPod... What seemed to have gotten everything going again was I reset my network. I have a system of Airports over my house and a full, in order with modem, reset got things working. You may want to add a restart to iTunes if you have a network hard drive like me before you try the wireless sync.

Hope this helps someone is this pickle.
adesinacat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:03 PM   #84
AndreyI
macrumors newbie

Maybe found a solution

Try running the Remote App to control iTunes (need to set up homesharing)
Strangely the sync does work when I run the app and iTunes detect my iPhone over Wi-Fi now.
AndreyI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 05:02 AM   #85
kvizzel
macrumors 6502a

I know it's old, but I had the same problem.

A restart fixed everything! Now I can sync without being plugged in.
kvizzel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:26 PM   #86
JoeShades
macrumors 6502

it is very unreliable, itunes has to be restarted often
JoeShades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:33 AM   #87
mjod
macrumors newbie

Smile Check your Firewall/Antivirus

My iMac started fine but wifi sync suddenly stopped after a few days.

I read that it may be a problem with my firewall (I'm using Intego virus barrier with Mac Firewall). I looked up my iPhone's IP address on the router and then opened terminal (Mac OSX Lion) and typed ping 192.168.2.17 - the iPhone's address. No reply.

I then opened Intego virus barrier and there was the iPhone address in blocked addresses as having attacked my Apple! I deleted it then added it to trusted addresses and suddenly wifi sync works again. I find this puzzling as I have Intego firewall switched off, but it works so I'm happy!
mjod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:21 PM   #88
DavidOrtiz
macrumors newbie

It was a bug! Issue solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn View Post
So I've done all the obvious stuff:

- Updated to iTunes 10.5
- Updated to iOS 5
- Updated to OS X 10.7.2
- Synced my iPhone fully before I tried Wi-Fi Sync
- Selected the "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" option in iTunes
- Connected iPhone to power

And, when I go to Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync on my iPhone, the "Sync Now" button is greyed out and beneath it it says "Sync will resume when "Sushil's Macbook Pro" is available".

Other than this I'm really happy with iOS 5 but this is the only thing that's really bugging me!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sushil
I had the exact same problem I tried everything and gave up. I just downloaded the new IOS 6.1 on my iPad, restarted iTunes on my PC and solved the sync button on my iPad turned dark, I pressed it and it started to sync all my music, apps, etc. I hope this works for you too. Best of luck!
DavidOrtiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier