Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1
DJTaurus
macrumors 6502a

Find my iPhone

Whats the point of this app when you have find my iphone->on in icloud?
DJTaurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
Whats the point of this app when you have find my iphone->on in icloud?
If you have say an iPad or Macbook and they get stolen you could use the app on your iPhone to locate the stolen device. iCloud.com will not work in Safari on the iPhone so you would need the app.

If the only Apple device you own is the iPhone, then yes... there is not much point in you having the app.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Quincy1
macrumors newbie

So my wife and I each have an iPhone 5 and our own seperate iTunes accounts and iCloud accounts. Is it possible to set up Find my iPhone on both phones and use one to find the other? I am confused because it seems that you need to be using the same iCloud account on each device but the screenshots for the app show several phones with peoples names next to them. Is this not possible?
Quincy1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:09 PM   #4
AppleDeviceUser
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy1 View Post
So my wife and I each have an iPhone 5 and our own seperate iTunes accounts and iCloud accounts. Is it possible to set up Find my iPhone on both phones and use one to find the other? I am confused because it seems that you need to be using the same iCloud account on each device but the screenshots for the app show several phones with peoples names next to them. Is this not possible?
No, you will need to be on the same Apple ID account. An Apple ID supports up to 5 computers and 5 iDevices connected to iCloud. If you want to use two Apple IDs you will need to sign in to hers to find her iPhone and sign in to yours to find your iPhone
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

If anyone steals your phone, they might be smart enough to turn it off, at which point it will not show up in the app anyway.
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 05:49 PM   #6
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDeviceUser View Post
No, you will need to be on the same Apple ID account. An Apple ID supports up to 5 computers and 5 iDevices connected to iCloud. If you want to use two Apple IDs you will need to sign in to hers to find her iPhone and sign in to yours to find your iPhone
Uh, yes you can, I do this with my wife and a few friends. We can all see each other.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps