Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Interestingly (and sadly) enough, after a period of time where people were commenting on how good my audio was, I'm now back to having crappy audio, and I'm force to continue using a headset.

Sigh.
Are you sure you are not covering up any of the microphones on the phone when you are holding the phone and talking on it (like the new one on the back where the camera is, for example)?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, I'm sure...

Exactly, shouldn't matter in any case.
Considering there are noise canceling microphones that are active when you are using the phone, covering any of them can in fact have consequences. It would in fact matter. Might be fun to joke "you are holding it wrong" but you really can be if you are covering something like that.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Considering there are noise canceling microphones that are active when you are using the phone, covering any of them can in fact have consequences. It would in fact matter. Might be fun to joke "you are holding it wrong" but you really can be if you are covering something like that.

Oh, I know that, I'm mainly frustrated. I got the iPhone 5 on launch day, besides this transmitted audio problem, it's been great - but this problem is something I run into over and over and over again.

I had great initial success with 6.1, so I thought I was free and clear, then nope.

Chrismostnice

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2013
Okay so i have a i pod touch 4th generation 16 gb and i got it for Christmas every time im on an app it always laggs or exits me out the app i closed every app i update everything i rebooted it and still does the same something is teally wrong and please help me please and i look at all my other freinds apple devices and theres is working fast and not lagging! Please comment on sugestion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.