Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I have been having major issues since updating to ios6 calls keep failing, data keeps dropping, shortcuts wont save, imessage wont activate either, I have att. Curious if this is the update causing all these issues or att? I think its update

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I have never had any of those issues. Which iPhone are you using. Have you thought of taking your handset to apple?

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Sounds like more of a hardware defect or AT&T is just awful where you live. Try downloading app speedtest and seeing how stable your download, upload is.

TaEbOm

macrumors member
May 30, 2009
Dfu restore to test again, if it still persists then go back to AT&T for a new one.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I should mention I just did a full clean install last night since data was full and phone was not able to upgrade to 6.1 cause no space left.

Now this!

burnout8488

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2011
Endwell, NY
Well... the solution seems obvious then. Delete a bunch of stuff, give yourself a few free gigabytes to work with, then do a clean restore again. Make sure you're on Wi-Fi when trying to activate iMessage and see if that changes anything.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Well... the solution seems obvious then. Delete a bunch of stuff, give yourself a few free gigabytes to work with, then do a clean restore again. Make sure you're on Wi-Fi when trying to activate iMessage and see if that changes anything.

I did a clean install means nothing is on my device. no backups restored. Fresh 6.1 install. It doesnt seem to be saving anything, I turned battery percentage on and now its off again, I keep making shortcuts and they get deleted within a minute

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Sir,
I believe you should change the title of your thread. Mainly because you have insinuated that iOS6.1 has problem itself, but your true meaning is that you have problems with iOS6.1, not the software itself has a problem.
Secondly, capitalizing a word or phrase in any thread title screams of the "Hey look at me, give me atttention" maturity level.

Its not pretty.

Lastly, if you've accomplished a full fresh restore. I might suggest that there could be a hardware problem and you should contact Apple directly.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Sir,
I believe you should change the title of your thread. Mainly because you have insinuated that iOS6.1 has problem itself, but your true meaning is that you have problems with iOS6.1, not the software itself has a problem.
Secondly, capitalizing a word or phrase in any thread title screams of the "Hey look at me, give me atttention" maturity level.

Its not pretty.

Lastly, if you've accomplished a full fresh restore. I might suggest that there could be a hardware problem and you should contact Apple directly.

I agree with your post iceterminal. This is how rumours are started now next we will end up getting an "IOS 6.1 Gate" thread.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Sorry you all feel that way but again I never had any of these issues until I ugraded to 6.1 either

In that case as others have said, make an appointment with the genius at apple store and get this issue you are experiencing resolved.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I have been having major issues since updating to ios6 calls keep failing, data keeps dropping, shortcuts wont save, imessage wont activate either, I have att. Curious if this is the update causing all these issues or att? I think its update

Have you tried a hard reset?

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Zero problems with iOS 6.1 on my 4S - once I was able to get it to install properly (had to use WiFi - direct USB to iTunes failed).

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Considering most of your issues deal with your carrier service:

iMessage = data = AT&T
Calls dropped = AT&T
Data drop = AT&T

It seems unlikely it could be 6.1.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
went to the apple store today they replaced my phone and my wife's phone, now my phone is fine and her phone is doing the same thing...so odd...cannot even dial a call without it failing 10 times first

Sufilizard

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2013
Indiana
I've had similar problems

I've had similar problems with my iPhone 4. It's been fine for a few years, I have always had good coverage in my area and almost never dropped a call. Then for the past few weeks, I suddenly can't make calls - they fail before they go through. Sometimes I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Sometimes it's the other way around. Other times the call kind of goes through but there's incredibly loud static on the line and it's hard to hear. I would say only 1 out of 10 calls actually goes through any more.

Nothing has changed with my phone besides upgrading the OS. I'm in the same area, making calls from the same locations to the same locations. No one has built a nuclear reactor near my home that I'm aware of.

It's really frustrating. I can send texts, but I can barely use my phone as a phone any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.