Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Castle87
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Got A Raw Deal, Can I Change This?

Alright so last week my (often buggy) 32 gb phone that I got on launch day finally died. I attempted to update it to IOS 6.1 and it got frozen in recovery mode. Fine.

I went to the Apple store, they gave me a new one, free of charge (initially they had tried to say I had already swapped this phone before, but I told them to check again because I never swapped it)

Anyway, I get home, new phone works good, wifi is still a problem but not to the extent the first one was, all is good.

I check the usage info on the phone, and come to find out they gave me a 16 gb phone.

I paid for a 32 gig. That phone died. So I should get a working 32 gig as a replacement. Was this just an oversight by them or are they really trying to stick me with a phone that has half the capacity?

Can I walk back into the store and try to get a 32 gig or am I pretty much screwed?
Castle87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2
DaveOP
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle87 View Post
Alright so last week my (often buggy) 32 gb phone that I got on launch day finally died. I attempted to update it to IOS 6.1 and it got frozen in recovery mode. Fine.

I went to the Apple store, they gave me a new one, free of charge (initially they had tried to say I had already swapped this phone before, but I told them to check again because I never swapped it)

Anyway, I get home, new phone works good, wifi is still a problem but not to the extent the first one was, all is good.

I check the usage info on the phone, and come to find out they gave me a 16 gb phone.

I paid for a 32 gig. That phone died. So I should get a working 32 gig as a replacement. Was this just an oversight by them or are they really trying to stick me with a phone that has half the capacity?

Can I walk back into the store and try to get a 32 gig or am I pretty much screwed?
You should have no idea getting it fixed. If you got the original from them or a legit partner, should be no biggie to look it up.
__________________
Space Grey iPad Air || iPhone 5S 32GB Gold || Registered iOS Developer
DaveOP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Castle87
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOP View Post
You should have no idea getting it fixed. If you got the original from them or a legit partner, should be no biggie to look it up.
I bought the original online from ATT, then I took that phone in last week to the nearest Apple store to get it swapped.

I'm sure I have an email receipt or some other way to prove I purchased a 32 gig back in September.

I just don't want to walk back in there and have them give me some line about how I no longer qualify for a free swap because I already swapped it last week or some other garbage.

As it stands, I paid $100 extra for a 16 gb phone.
Castle87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:58 PM   #4
DaveOP
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle87 View Post
I bought the original online from ATT, then I took that phone in last week to the nearest Apple store to get it swapped.

I'm sure I have an email receipt or some other way to prove I purchased a 32 gig back in September.

I just don't want to walk back in there and have them give me some line about how I no longer qualify for a free swap because I already swapped it last week or some other garbage.

As it stands, I paid $100 extra for a 16 gb phone.
I've swapped my iPhone 3 times already since launch, so don't worry about that. Luckily I live 5 minutes away. As long as you're under warranty, and even sometimes when you aren't, they're very cool and relaxed about stuff like that.
__________________
Space Grey iPad Air || iPhone 5S 32GB Gold || Registered iOS Developer
DaveOP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:00 PM   #5
ybz90
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Go in and ask for a 32. There should not be a problem.
ybz90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC