Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Castle87
macrumors regular

Got A Raw Deal, Can I Change This?

Alright so last week my (often buggy) 32 gb phone that I got on launch day finally died. I attempted to update it to IOS 6.1 and it got frozen in recovery mode. Fine.

I went to the Apple store, they gave me a new one, free of charge (initially they had tried to say I had already swapped this phone before, but I told them to check again because I never swapped it)

Anyway, I get home, new phone works good, wifi is still a problem but not to the extent the first one was, all is good.

I check the usage info on the phone, and come to find out they gave me a 16 gb phone.

I paid for a 32 gig. That phone died. So I should get a working 32 gig as a replacement. Was this just an oversight by them or are they really trying to stick me with a phone that has half the capacity?

Can I walk back into the store and try to get a 32 gig or am I pretty much screwed?
Castle87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2
DaveOP
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle87 View Post
Alright so last week my (often buggy) 32 gb phone that I got on launch day finally died. I attempted to update it to IOS 6.1 and it got frozen in recovery mode. Fine.

I went to the Apple store, they gave me a new one, free of charge (initially they had tried to say I had already swapped this phone before, but I told them to check again because I never swapped it)

Anyway, I get home, new phone works good, wifi is still a problem but not to the extent the first one was, all is good.

I check the usage info on the phone, and come to find out they gave me a 16 gb phone.

I paid for a 32 gig. That phone died. So I should get a working 32 gig as a replacement. Was this just an oversight by them or are they really trying to stick me with a phone that has half the capacity?

Can I walk back into the store and try to get a 32 gig or am I pretty much screwed?
You should have no idea getting it fixed. If you got the original from them or a legit partner, should be no biggie to look it up.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Castle87
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOP View Post
You should have no idea getting it fixed. If you got the original from them or a legit partner, should be no biggie to look it up.
I bought the original online from ATT, then I took that phone in last week to the nearest Apple store to get it swapped.

I'm sure I have an email receipt or some other way to prove I purchased a 32 gig back in September.

I just don't want to walk back in there and have them give me some line about how I no longer qualify for a free swap because I already swapped it last week or some other garbage.

As it stands, I paid $100 extra for a 16 gb phone.
Castle87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 03:58 PM   #4
DaveOP
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle87 View Post
I bought the original online from ATT, then I took that phone in last week to the nearest Apple store to get it swapped.

I'm sure I have an email receipt or some other way to prove I purchased a 32 gig back in September.

I just don't want to walk back in there and have them give me some line about how I no longer qualify for a free swap because I already swapped it last week or some other garbage.

As it stands, I paid $100 extra for a 16 gb phone.
I've swapped my iPhone 3 times already since launch, so don't worry about that. Luckily I live 5 minutes away. As long as you're under warranty, and even sometimes when you aren't, they're very cool and relaxed about stuff like that.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 04:00 PM   #5
ybz90
macrumors 6502a

Go in and ask for a 32. There should not be a problem.
ybz90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting