Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
wooowwww and also the 21.5 is down to 3-4 weeks now!
I predict a lot of winging on this forum for a long time!!!

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Whatever you do dont cancel your order now and change your keyboard from wired to wireless :) when I ordered mine on the 29th of January it was 3-4 weeks.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
My order for a 27" on the 22.01. also has an ETA window of 3-4 weeks, same as Tri-Stan, so I think the delivery time has been bumped up and not dropped. Hopefully it is just a minor glitch :eek:

Imaginethe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
UK
Something tells me it's not a glitch. After the reports of seeing the screen production would increase, it appears that is not the case.

I am relying on this dropping to smy iMac ordered 3rd Dec can be delivered!

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
WOW @ this shipping times, it's 2-3weeks 21" and 3-4weeks 27" in the US

Apple has really handled this launch badly

thank god I ordered as soon as I could and have been enjoying this beauty for over a month now

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
Boys you all getting this wrong, your are all buying the revised version of the late 2012 Imac (possibly called the mid 2013) so apple is doing all right quoting for a 4-6 weeks queing time!!! (before someone takes my last comment seriously please note I am only joking)

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Whatever you do dont cancel your order now and change your keyboard from wired to wireless :) when I ordered mine on the 29th of January it was 3-4 weeks.

So you are saying if you change your order in the least little bit such as a mouse, or keyboard that would delay your order to start over from scratch?

They should not do that. But doesn't mean they won't.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
Personally I will not risk that just for a mouse vs trackpad. You can always swap that out at the shop later after having received the Imac...

phobos

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Personally I will not risk that just for a mouse vs trackpad. You can always swap that out at the shop later after having received the Imac...

That's exactly what I feared of happening when I forgot to also order a full keyboard and the trackpad. Just a single change could introduce more delays which is something we don't want.
I called the Apple reseller and confirmed what you have just said. They can change it in the store.

gaddster

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
Just had this response from apple about my Imac 27' ordered on 24th jan regarding increased ordering times

"Thanks for your email. This will not affect your delivery times. It only affects orders being placed."

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
I have decided mine will arrive the day before they update the Macs with haswell!

Probably you will get it a month before such date so if you want to return it to swap for the newer one you are out of the window LOL :D:D:D
That is what happened to a friend of mine that ordered an Ipad 3 just a month before they changed to lightning.. That is the Murpy's law...!

lali

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
just do like I did
walk into the apple store and buy the config they have in stock
I did this yesterday. much relieved

6ftunder

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Austria
just do like I did
walk into the apple store and buy the config they have in stock
I did this yesterday. much relieved

yeah but some people don't have an apple store around, the resellers have NOTHING in stock and I don't want a base model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.