Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1
jrm27
macrumors 6502

Unable to upgrade my iPhone 4 from 5.1.1 to 6.1

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my iphone4 to 6.1. However, I'm being told that this device isn't eligible for the requested build. Any idea what's up? Thanks!

-jon
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:55 PM   #2
sallu
macrumors newbie

download ios 6 from snowbreeze or from other site.. open itune but itune should be the latest verion.. put you iPhone in DFU mode(google to know how to put in dfu) then by pressing shift button click in restore on iTunes and browse ipsw (ios 6) from you pc let the phone to update.. it will take some time around half an hour ... good luck
lemme know it will help you or not
sallu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:41 PM   #3
jrm27
macrumors 6502

once i got it into DFU/restore mode, itunes took over and righted the issues. Thanks so much!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 04:16 AM   #4
sallu
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm27 View Post
once i got it into DFU/restore mode, itunes took over and righted the issues. Thanks so much!
ok but dfu and restore are two diff modes.. try this just connect your iPhone to pc in stand by mode than open iTune, you can see update option on iTune, by pressing shift button on keyboard click on update and find ios 6 from your pc and let iphone to update.. i think it can help you to update your phone but don't forget to save SHSH blobs bfo update ua iphone.. u need shsh blobs when you want to downgrade ua phone
sallu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:01 PM   #5
bratman91
macrumors newbie

If you use wifi with your iPhone, try a quick google search for wifi issues after upgrading to IOS6. I regret upgrading my iPhone and iPad as they now both have difficulty in connecting to any wifi router unless within a few feet.
bratman91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:10 PM   #6
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratman91 View Post
If you use wifi with your iPhone, try a quick google search for wifi issues after upgrading to IOS6. I regret upgrading my iPhone and iPad as they now both have difficulty in connecting to any wifi router unless within a few feet.
Some have definitely reported WiFi related issues ranging on different phones, some iPhone 5, some iPhone 4, etc., and even going by different OS versions, some just iOS 6, some iOS 6.0.1, some iOS 6.1. In the end, just like various issues here and there, this can be something that can affects some people with some phones on some iOS versions...but it's far from anything that's really widespread or has anything particular that would indicate the issue would or wouldn't be there. Definitely a fair warning, but also far from anything that's a given really.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 05:26 PM   #7
bratman91
macrumors newbie

Yes, it is true than many people have upgraded to IOS6 and have had no wifi problems at all. But many have and this risk needs to be balanced against the benefits from IOS6 which are not very much at all.
bratman91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6