Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade my iphone4 to 6.1. However, I'm being told that this device isn't eligible for the requested build. Any idea what's up? Thanks!

-jon

sallu

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
New Delhi
download ios 6 from snowbreeze or from other site.. open itune but itune should be the latest verion.. put you iPhone in DFU mode(google to know how to put in dfu) then by pressing shift button click in restore on iTunes and browse ipsw (ios 6) from you pc let the phone to update.. it will take some time around half an hour ... good luck
lemme know it will help you or not

jrm27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
once i got it into DFU/restore mode, itunes took over and righted the issues. Thanks so much!

sallu

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
New Delhi
once i got it into DFU/restore mode, itunes took over and righted the issues. Thanks so much!

ok but dfu and restore are two diff modes.. try this just connect your iPhone to pc in stand by mode than open iTune, you can see update option on iTune, by pressing shift button on keyboard click on update and find ios 6 from your pc and let iphone to update.. i think it can help you to update your phone but don't forget to save SHSH blobs bfo update ua iphone.. u need shsh blobs when you want to downgrade ua phone

bratman91

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
If you use wifi with your iPhone, try a quick google search for wifi issues after upgrading to IOS6. I regret upgrading my iPhone and iPad as they now both have difficulty in connecting to any wifi router unless within a few feet.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you use wifi with your iPhone, try a quick google search for wifi issues after upgrading to IOS6. I regret upgrading my iPhone and iPad as they now both have difficulty in connecting to any wifi router unless within a few feet.
Some have definitely reported WiFi related issues ranging on different phones, some iPhone 5, some iPhone 4, etc., and even going by different OS versions, some just iOS 6, some iOS 6.0.1, some iOS 6.1. In the end, just like various issues here and there, this can be something that can affects some people with some phones on some iOS versions...but it's far from anything that's really widespread or has anything particular that would indicate the issue would or wouldn't be there. Definitely a fair warning, but also far from anything that's a given really.

bratman91

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Yes, it is true than many people have upgraded to IOS6 and have had no wifi problems at all. But many have and this risk needs to be balanced against the benefits from IOS6 which are not very much at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.