Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngraysva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
mars
im having a bit of trouble with my aluminum non-unibody 15'' laptop... the hard drive seems to be corrupt every time i verify disk and go into disk utility.. cant seem to erase it and fix it... was going to just throw a new HD in it.. anyone know what model i need? and what the highest GB is that i can put in?

thanks for the help!!

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
You don't need any specific model. You can install any 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD. You can still use hard drives over the maximum amount of storage of the MacBook Pro, it just won't address all of the space.

ngraysva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
mars
Awesome. I will be heading to best buy tomorrow to grab a new drive then. Thanks

ngraysva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
mars
Man this sucks. I upgraded the memory to this to 4gb, and also put a brand new 500gb hd in my lappy. And it still gets to beginning blue screen and freezes. Takes forever to get past it. Think this could be the motherboard ? What other options do I have besides getting a new one lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354059441.218827.jpg

makaveli559m

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
It could be two things, either one you didnt ground your self when you touched the inside of your computer or two if you have the GT 8600m its beginning to fail the same thing with ATI X1600.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.