Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe-Diver

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2009
That looks a helluva lot like a B&W windows 8 metro theme. Samsung decided to copy someone else rather than poke the Apple?

Once Apple releases their product, Samsung will copy it. Right now they don't really have anything to copy. And....they had to put something out there.

zbarsky

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
Didn't voice control appear in their dumb tvs after a rumour that a possible Apple television product would have Siri voice control?

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Good luck to them. Make sense, integrate a smart watch with their smartphones.

Samsung can't be accused of copying from Apple since the iWatch is based upon rumours and specifications unknown.

sparkso

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
Samsung's is clearly using Hit and Hope just don't miss the boat strategy.

- Wait for Apple product rumors and make a best guess of what they might turn out to be and make them. Try to hit the market before Apple does so they can claim that the idea is their original idea.

- launch lots of different models.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I don't think that's even a watch… The elements are so tiny for a smart watch! Unless Samsung is planning to make a smart watch with a 3" display…

Samsung will be sure to market it as a tablet-sized wristwatch. The Phabwatch, anyone? Because bigger is always better. :rolleyes:

linux_wrist_7.jpg

----------

Isn't it? I was sick of it after 2 months. :p

No, you clearly aren't sick of it yet. You still crave it and enjoy it. That's why you're posting on this thread. :rolleyes:

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Right now, somewhere deep in an Android forum, is your equal opposite. He's griping about how all the Android hating Apple Sheep keep going on and on with their stupid belief that Apple is perfect in every way, and invented everything, completely oblivious to just how crappy, limited, locked down your iDevices actually are. But, you know, the majority of the world doesn't care about anything except what's popular, which is the only Apple has going for it.

Some cheer him on. Others call him an idiot. He's your mirror image. And you know what? Fandroids? iTards? Whatever. It doesn't matter who did what, or who does what, or who released what first.

...cuz the whole thing is pretty dorky when you get this wrapped up into it.
good point :)

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Asia never invented ANYTHING until we moved all our manufacturing know-how overseas. Karma.....:(

A completely racist remark from a Seattle Moose. Let's go down a simple list and get educated.. Ok?

Invention of Pottery
Chickens domesticated
Domestication of rice
Invention of silk fabrics
Invention of Ink
Irrigation Canals
Invention of kites
Invention of collapsible umbrella
Invention of the handheld crossbow
Invention of Paper
Invention of the wheelbarrow
Invention of the seismoscope
Invention of the abacus
Invention of the saddle and stirrups (Giddy up friend!)
Invention of toilet paper
Invention of Gunpowder

Invention of the Flamethrower
Invention of the magnetic compass
Circulation of Paper money
Metal movable type
First use of Landmines
the toothbrush
Sound cards
Playstation

Just to name a few. Basically, **** about race on these forums.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
For next two years, Samesung will have a lot of products like Apple, because Apple must tell Samesung certain new projects to see if they are able to produce. Just like Eric Schmidt sat on Apple board and knew all about it then secretly told their engineers to develop it.

That's how Samsung won over television. Sony trusted a tiny company in S Korea called "Gold Star" to manufacture it's TV, but Sony didn't know one day that tiny company would steal its technology then turn around called itself Samesung and made the same tv but without all the R&D and cut the price in half to kill Sony.

I thought Gold Star became LG (lucky goldstar)?

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Don't forget
Blu-ray disc
the walkman and hence portable music
CD players
Flash memory
Pocket calculators
Quartz wristwatch
Bullet trains
Digial audio tape recorder

Wow to get a comment like that in our day and age. Seattlemoose is one bitter person.

hestroy

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011
Competition?

Competition is always good for consumer even if most (maybe just the most vocal shall I say) of you wish there was only apple in the world.

Well, competition is ok, but not in case when one competitor only copycat another.

----------

Don't forget
Blu-ray disc
the walkman and hence portable music
CD players
Flash memory
Pocket calculators
Quartz wristwatch
Bullet trains
Digial audio tape recorder

Wow to get a comment like that in our day and age. Seattlemoose is one bitter person.

Ok. Everything you named is INVENTED by west.

Cycledoc

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
Real Product?

This is Dick Tracy stuff, but frankly I can't think of a use for such a pathetic product (Apple or Samsung), much less spend money on it.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I doth hereby patent the iRing. Put it on yer finger to:

1.) Unlock all your devices within proximity to your hand
2.) Vibration codes for push notifications
3.) Heat up to 1000 degrees when wife walks into room
4.) Etc...

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
I don't wear a watch but am glad to see Apple having competition. If they dominate the market too much they'll stagnate. Competition drives evolution.

Renzatic

Suspended
Samsung will be sure to market it as a tablet-sized wristwatch. The Phabwatch, anyone? Because bigger is always better. :rolleyes:

Hey, if it works for Futurama, it'll work for real life, too. Don't knock it. :mad:

No, you clearly aren't sick of it yet. You still crave it and enjoy it. That's why you're posting on this thread. :rolleyes:

It's not so much that I crave and enjoy it, so much as I have to exorcise my inner demons, and posting in Samsung vs. Apple threads is the best way to do it.

----------

A completely racist remark from a Seattle Moose. Let's go down a simple list and get educated.. Ok?

Invention of the Flamethrower

The Greeks might've beat them on the flamethrower. They were supposedly using metal tubes to shoot out and spread whatever Greek Fire was in warfare as far back as 400 BC.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Some very ill informed users in this thread. I also fail to understand why some people cant have a decent discussion without have to resort to childish name calling such as "Samesung" "ShameSung" etc etc. Very boring :rolleyes:

Samsung released the first WatchPhone back in 1999 called the SPH-WP10

wp10_520x346.jpg

Samsung also released a WatchPhone in France during 2009, called the S9110

s9110-2_520x346.jpg

The sleek S9110 is a mere 11.98mm thick thanks to the company’s advanced surface mounting technology, making it the slimmest watchphone device in the market. Featuring a 1.76” full touch screen customized for the wrist-watch form factor, the S9110 aims to attract mobile phone users who want a unique fashion item that keeps them connected on the go. The device also enables the users to check their e-mail seamlessly through Outlook.

In 1999, Samsung introduced the world’s first watch phone, the SPH-WP10, which became a landmark product in the mobile industry. The S9110 will be available in France this month for around 450 Euros.

Bet lets not let facts get in the way eh?! :rolleyes:

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Neither Apple nor Samsung is going around my wrist.
This spot is reserved for Ebel, a real sophisticated watch instead of such a need-watch. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.