Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I want to purchase Logic but I know if I buy Logic Pro now for $199 then when Logic X comes out I will likely have to buy that again at full price

it's been a long time since it was updated and Logic X seems like something that would be coming out soon, especially since Final Cut X redesign has come out

should I hold out for it?

kemperman

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
UK
Well if you will use all of the features of the current Logic Pro then I would say buy it now. When Apple updated Final Cut Pro to FCPX LOTS of people complained about missing features, so it wouldn't surprise me if that happens with logic too.

Bottom line if you need it now and can afford it buy it. But if you can wait till the new one is released (who knows when) then wait.

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
Is Logic Pro X going to be a different App Store product than the current Logic Pro?

Akuratyde

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Is Logic Pro X going to be a different App Store product than the current Logic Pro?

The version out right now is Logic Pro 9. So yes, Logic Pro 10 (X) will be different. Nobody knows when it will be released though, personally I would go ahead and get Logic Pro 9 now, especially since Apple slashed the price when it became available on the App Store.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
The version out right now is Logic Pro 9. So yes, Logic Pro 10 (X) will be different. Nobody knows when it will be released though, personally I would go ahead and get Logic Pro 9 now, especially since Apple slashed the price when it became available on the App Store.

there were so many compatibility issues between Final Cut X and the previous versions, I'm afraid something similar may happen if Logic X is built from the ground up like FInal cut X was

Akuratyde

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
there were so many compatibility issues between Final Cut X and the previous versions, I'm afraid something similar may happen if Logic X is built from the ground up like FInal cut X was

All the more reason to buy Logic 9 now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.