Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
while the mockups look pretty bad - I am very interested in the iWatch (with a nicer Apple design)

I guess I am one of the few once that still wear a watch and I think if it is done right the iWatch could be a great extension to my iPhone.

So I am really looking forward to what Apple comes up with, it might be a very interesting product. I am pretty sure they won't be copies of existing wanna-be smart watches and will have some irresistible feature.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
if only I had something on me at all times that could tell me the time, offer maps, email, texts, browsing....

iphone5-front-back.jpg

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
It needs to be water resistant... Not for scuba diving, mind you.

Anyone with young kids can attest that, at bath time, things can get hectic. Especially when they don't want to take the bath. So removing the watch might become of of the steps that get skipped/forgotten.

I've actually stopped wearing a watch after such an incident... I told myself I would buy a waterproof one, never got to it... Realized that I don't really need a watch.... I've got time on my phone, iPad, dashboard, microwave, oven, etc...

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
Actually, the 1st gen won't have retina display. Apple will hold that back until the 2nd gen.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
More watch stuff?? Ridiculous, to cramped of a space for anything in there.

This is the same ole story with a new topic when Rumors start running of a new apple device:

1. People say how much they hate the idea and will have no use for it
2. Apple confirms the device with an event
3. Some people finally understands the idea, others still hate it and deem it DOA
4. The device goes on sale to the tune of a few million
5. Those who bought it love it, those who didn't, trash it and says sales will begin to decline soon enough.
6. Apples quarter call, reports best quarter ever and the rest of the world, quarter by quarter begins to buy the device and Apple is deemed the most innovative company in history once again.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
i like the idea of the electronics built in and flush to the wrist band but those are some of the worst looking concepts ever. it's just an iPhone with a PS warp transform applied. Does anyone really think there will be a swipe to unlock on this tiny watch face?

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Looks like Samsung is going to beat them to this. Should make for an interesting competition.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I'm hoping this is a decoy to get all the other companies putting lots of effort into their rip-off of an iWatch...then Apple comes out with something truly jaw-dropping that provides us with something we never new we wanted. Remember when the iPod was introduced? No one knew they wanted a replacement for a Walkman. :)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone watched the NBA All Stars game last night, but Under Armour had a commercial for a wrist computer that allows you to change your various parts about your clothes for different athletic purposes.

This is how I imagine the technology going in the future. Think about it, this could be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCvIr0fWnM

Starts around 0:40

Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 9.40.18 AM.png

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
The only thing I really hope is this isn't the "impressive" new product Tim Cook talked about in the context of the future of the Mac Pro. He said they were working on something that pro users would love... I really hope he didn't mean this.

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
They'll need curved batteries as well, as well as curved LCD panels.

If they do it right, the might have curved boards too, maybe with tall/thin ASICs instead of square ASICs to mount them on the wrist band.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
You people have an embarrassing lack of vision.

There are so many reasons why this could be brilliant:

- Wearable fitness
- Connectivity
- Fashion
- Health benefits
- Security
- Social networking

...to name but a few.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.