Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the Oscars just under a week away, Amazon-owned IMDb has updated its iOS app with an Oscar section that will, during the broadcast, feature photos from the red carpet and a live text feed of the winners in addition to a complete list of the Oscar nominees.

In addition, movies and TV shows that are available on Amazon Prime now have links on their IMDb pages in the app that will kick you into the Amazon Instant Video app to watch them, but a $79 annual subscription to Amazon Prime is required to view the actual content. The update also includes a few other minor enhancements.

imdboscarupdate.jpg
What's New in Version 3.1
- Award information for celebrities and titles (iPad/iPhone)
- Titles available on Amazon Prime feature a link to watch if the Amazon Instant Video app is also installed (iPhone/iPad)
- Special Oscars® section: list of nominees and photos from the red carpet and ceremony and live winners on iPhone and iPad during the ceremony
- Recommendations: tap on the "i" in the corner of the poster to see why it's recommended for you, rate the title if you've seen it, or indicate "not interested" (iPad)
- Improved accessibility for TV episode navigation (iPad)
- Updates to side navigation (iPad)
- Bug fixes include episode picker in VoiceOver (iPad)
The universal IMDb app is available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: IMDb Updates App with Oscar Section and Amazon Instant Video Links

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i always hate those oscar movies, there ... i said it.

2+ hours of slow music, lots of talking and nothing happening

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
there are exceptions in oscar winning movies

Braveheart
Silence of the lambs
Lincoln
Schindler's List
Forrest Gump
The matrix

and more

LINCOLN? maybe cuz im not american but i couldnt relate to this at all. i turned it off after 40 minutes. all they did was talk talk talk

i liked the others u mentioned however and Django Unchained wasnt too bad either

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
LINCOLN? maybe cuz im not american but i couldnt relate to this at all. i turned it off after 40 minutes. all they did was talk talk talk

i liked the others u mentioned however and Django Unchained wasnt too bad either

I am not American either, nor a history buff, but I was fascinated by that personality and how important were his actions, especially in those times and how they have affected the "civilised" world up to today.

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
Love the imdb app, but they really need to remove the ads for the amazon app at the bottom. It's obnoxious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.