IMDb Updates App with Oscar Section and Amazon Instant Video Links

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 18, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With the Oscars just under a week away, Amazon-owned IMDb has updated its iOS app with an Oscar section that will, during the broadcast, feature photos from the red carpet and a live text feed of the winners in addition to a complete list of the Oscar nominees.

In addition, movies and TV shows that are available on Amazon Prime now have links on their IMDb pages in the app that will kick you into the Amazon Instant Video app to watch them, but a $79 annual subscription to Amazon Prime is required to view the actual content. The update also includes a few other minor enhancements.

[​IMG]
    The universal IMDb app is available in the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: IMDb Updates App with Oscar Section and Amazon Instant Video Links

2. macrumors regular

ajcadoo

This article has been posted for five hours and I am the first comment?! Vote up for only coming for the comments! ;)

3. macrumors G5

Macman45

I guess the whole Oscars thing is less important. I don't really follow it much...Just catch up the next day on any one of a thousand sites that cover the event.

4. macrumors demi-god

needfx

and the Golden Globe goes to... wait, what?

5. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Stopped caring for the Oscars long time ago.

6. needfx, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors demi-god

needfx

one day you might again given that the app you create is movie centered.

7. macrumors 603

bushido

i always hate those oscar movies, there ... i said it.

2+ hours of slow music, lots of talking and nothing happening

8. macrumors demi-god

needfx

there are exceptions in oscar winning movies

Braveheart
    Silence of the lambs
    Lincoln
    Schindler's List
    Forrest Gump
    The matrix

and more

9. macrumors member

No one cares.

10. macrumors 603

bushido

LINCOLN? maybe cuz im not american but i couldnt relate to this at all. i turned it off after 40 minutes. all they did was talk talk talk

i liked the others u mentioned however and Django Unchained wasnt too bad either

11. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

True.

12. macrumors demi-god

needfx

I am not American either, nor a history buff, but I was fascinated by that personality and how important were his actions, especially in those times and how they have affected the "civilised" world up to today.

13. JAT
    macrumors 603

Really? Sounds perfect to me!

14. macrumors 6502

Love the imdb app, but they really need to remove the ads for the amazon app at the bottom. It's obnoxious.