Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Thanks OP. Really cool looking app and it has many toggles and multitask switch bar. I haven't tried to see if it kills the cell network.

Maverik3

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Meridian Idaho
Dont get this app!! I got it like 2 weeks ago and I loved it... For a few hours... Then It somehow messed up my 3G and network, I could no longer recive or or send calls or texts I could only use wifi. Even after removing the app I had problems. Had to restore the phone and re-jailbreak.

I know it's tempting just don't do it

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
I just put this on my pad because I saw it mentioned in another thread. Looks interesting, and it at least covers my need for battery info. I'm not sure how much I'll use all the features, especially on my phone, I'd love some kind of "help" page that says what all the features are and how to use em.

Jaykob

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
Automatic brightness?

Is it only me who is annoyed by losing the automatic brightness setting with this app or am I just to stupid to find it?
If it's not possible then I'll uninstall it right away. What better (more energy saving) way is there instead of automatic adaption to the surrounding brightness? And isn't that the whole point of this app?

Otherwise a very beautifully designed UI!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Is it only me who is annoyed by losing the automatic brightness setting with this app or am I just to stupid to find it?
If it's not possible then I'll uninstall it right away. What better (more energy saving) way is there instead of automatic adaption to the surrounding brightness? And isn't that the whole point of this app?

Otherwise a very beautifully designed UI!
In the settings for modes, just disable this tweak's brightness setting. That will default to the system setting.

Just installed this and I like it. Removed NC settings and another tweak. Love the fact that you can tap the status bar and get this tweak immediately. It's also cool that it serves as an app switcher.

For those having difficulties with cell signal, here's a tip. I noticed that using the 3G setting in the tweak shuts off 3G completely (even when the tweak says it's on). If you go into Settings>General>Cellular and toggle the LTE switch off, signal will come back. Toggle LTE back on and the cell signal will stay. Doing that however, shuts the 3G indicator off in this tweak. I've disabled the modes altogether because of this. Don't want to press "Outside" and have my 3G shut off. Not sure, but that to me indicates that this tweak doesn't recognize LTE.

Other than that, really cool tweak.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
This crap messed up my phone's signal or something, after pressing an indoor profile I kept getting no service, and now even after uninstalling the app and doing multiple hard resets I still get no service. I even updated the PRL, wtf.

Same thing happened to me, I had to cycle on/off the cellular data in the settings app to get it to come back.

----------

Dont get this app!! I got it like 2 weeks ago and I loved it... For a few hours... Then It somehow messed up my 3G and network, I could no longer recive or or send calls or texts I could only use wifi. Even after removing the app I had problems. Had to restore the phone and re-jailbreak.

I know it's tempting just don't do it

That makes 3 of us...

NYSF37

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
In the settings for modes, just disable this tweak's brightness setting. That will default to the system setting.

Just installed this and I like it. Removed NC settings and another tweak. Love the fact that you can tap the status bar and get this tweak immediately. It's also cool that it serves as an app switcher.

For those having difficulties with cell signal, here's a tip. I noticed that using the 3G setting in the tweak shuts off 3G completely (even when the tweak says it's on). If you go into Settings>General>Cellular and toggle the LTE switch off, signal will come back. Toggle LTE back on and the cell signal will stay. Doing that however, shuts the 3G indicator off in this tweak. I've disabled the modes altogether because of this. Don't want to press "Outside" and have my 3G shut off. Not sure, but that to me indicates that this tweak doesn't recognize LTE.

Other than that, really cool tweak.

How exactly did you disable modes altogether? I mean, you can disable settings for each of the modes, and if you modify the mode outside of the app it will say that the mode has been changed and the settings have been overridden, but on the surface it doesn't seem like there is a way...

baileya1c

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2008
Love it

This app is awesome. Replaced SBSetting, NCsettings and a few more for me. The dev went very indepth with this app and it is much appreciated. I'm suprised its free. Loving being able to tap the battery to pull up detailed info, and the notification settings widget is fantastical. Overall a great app, just needs to be updated for LTE. It has been updated for the iPhone 5 screen though.

randroid

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Same thing happened to me, I had to cycle on/off the cellular data in the settings app to get it to come back.

----------

That makes 3 of us...

Actually 4 of us. This app seems to have destroyed my cellular network. Not sure how to fix... About to just restore and re jailbreak :-/

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
How exactly did you disable modes altogether? I mean, you can disable settings for each of the modes, and if you modify the mode outside of the app it will say that the mode has been changed and the settings have been overridden, but on the surface it doesn't seem like there is a way...
Open the app.
Swipe right (so the left side panel opens).
Press Settings (bottom left).
Press Display Settings of NC
Switch off Enable Modes

See the screenshot.

Again, people with cell signal issues. Just cycle your LTE button and don't use the 3G button in this tweak/app. I've removed if from displaying in NC.

Attachments

• 2013-02-19 19.40.09.png
    2013-02-19 19.40.09.png
    53 KB · Views: 61

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
Actually 4 of us. This app seems to have destroyed my cellular network. Not sure how to fix... About to just restore and re jailbreak :-/

That actually happened the first time I changed from indoors to outdoors, but I haven't lost service since the first time. I notice it does go down to one bar when I change the mode, but then goes back to 4 or 5. I noticed the LTE problem too.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
I'm currently in hospital and have slept 4 1/4 hours in the past 12 days. Didn't mean to cause confusion!

I am sorry to hear you're in the hospital (I'm a nursing student myself and do clinicals there alot; just did labor and delivery). Hope you feel better soon EvanLugh. What a trooper to still take the time out of your messed up sleep schedule to post about a jailbreak tweak to help the rest of us! Thats hardcore dedication right there :D

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
This app is awesome, the way it is causing problems for people. Who says iDevices can't get infected with malware. The next thread the OP will start will deal with his poor uncle in Nigeria has written an awesome app,. :D

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
is the 3g and wifi problems in 4s?

Im using a 5 and i had the cell signal issues.

This app is awesome, the way it is causing problems for people. Who says iDevices can't get infected with malware. The next thread the OP will start will deal with his poor uncle in Nigeria has written an awesome app,. :D

Take it easy on the OP, not everyone who uses this app is having the issue. He/she found a cool new app and was just passing it along. I broke my own rule by not waiting a while before installing.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Take it easy on the OP, not everyone who uses this app is having the issue. He/she found a cool new app and was just passing it along.

You're right. I was just busting on the OP.

But come on people - This app lets you disable functions that make an iPhone a phone, all in the name of saving battery life. If that's what you want, buy an iTouch.

Last edited:

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
You're right. I was just busting on the OP.

But come on people - This app lets you disable functions that make an iPhone a phone, all in the name of saving battery life. If that's what you want, but an iTouch.

Eh? That makes no sense whatsoever.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Eh? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Have you read the posts by people who have had 'problems'? It's because they've unknowingly turned off 3G or LTE and they are complaining they 'have no signal'.

If you turn off 3G, 4G and/or LTE you no longer have a phone, you have an iTouch.

----------

Ok I am not sure what i did, but i installed this, turned on the outdoors profile. ...but i lost my cell service completely. No bars could not make a phone call or even check voicemail.

This crap messed up my phone's signal or something, after pressing an indoor profile I kept getting no service, and now even after uninstalling the app and doing multiple hard resets I still get no service. I even updated the PRL, wtf.

I noticed the LTE problem too.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I am sorry to hear you're in the hospital (I'm a nursing student myself and do clinicals there alot; just did labor and delivery). Hope you feel better soon EvanLugh. What a trooper to still take the time out of your messed up sleep schedule to post about a jailbreak tweak to help the rest of us! Thats hardcore dedication right there :D

Thank you! I've spent a lot of time just chatting to students. As I'm here a lot, I like to think I'm helping them by explaining everything in as much detail, so it could be useful in the future.

Glad to see so many of you are liking it, and to the moron who thinks I'm spamming/malware or whatever, just leave. Seriously. Not like I have 'newbie' in my title, is it?

For those with problems, I sympathise. As I haven't had any myself I can't comment and I'm not sure what support the developer gives - if any.

I have also removed sbsettings, but kept Auxo for the aesthetics.

And to the other chap, it is iPhone 5 optimised. Good day.

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
Battery Capacity

I downloaded this and then promptly removed SB settings as this app had everything that SB settings and more. Only thing it lacks is a volume toggle that allows you to turn up the volume from the notification center not just mute or unmute. Still very nice to see multitasking on lock screen.

Now a question about the battery information. It says battery capacity is 1424 mAh which is the factory capacity. However my iphone 5 max capactiy on the screen higher up is 1278mAh. I find it hard to believe in 4 months I have lost 10% max capacity already. Is anyone else seeing better capacity numbers? Should I take this to Apple and swap it out? Or is this app not displaying correct capacity on anyone?

Thx.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I downloaded this and then promptly removed SB settings as this app had everything that SB settings and more. Only thing it lacks is a volume toggle that allows you to turn up the volume from the notification center not just mute or unmute. Still very nice to see multitasking on lock screen.

Now a question about the battery information. It says battery capacity is 1424 mAh which is the factory capacity. However my iphone 5 max capactiy on the screen higher up is 1278mAh. I find it hard to believe in 4 months I have lost 10% max capacity already. Is anyone else seeing better capacity numbers? Should I take this to Apple and swap it out? Or is this app not displaying correct capacity on anyone?

Thx.
I'm no expert, but I wouldn't trust an app that can't get the 3G signal toggle right to correctly interpret battery info even if this is the kind of thing it's advertised to do.

Take it as a general guideline.

I think we all obsess here a little overmuch about battery. I'm not saying there aren't genuine issues and bugs and problems. But if your device is performing, why worry?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.