Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:39 PM   #76
emvath
macrumors regular

hybrid view

They didn't bring back hybrid view yet? No thanks.
emvath is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:40 PM   #77
Yumbo
macrumors regular

Wondering if the iTunes Match cover art issue is fixed yet.

Also if the ability to search via home share for large libraries is fixed as well.
Yumbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:45 PM   #78
bushido
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo View Post
Create a 2nd user account, download it there and then home share copy it to your main library.

----------

Not possible when Apple didn't plan ahead with ID creation pre-iTunes. More so for people using more than 1 country.
that doesnt work unfortunately. apple is being darn smart and still knows that its the same machine and gives me the same bs message. i even tried a "time jump" with time machine. they must have locked it deep within the machine or something.
bushido is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:45 PM   #79
idunn
macrumors regular

No great problems over here

For the lack of Coverflow alone, I've avoided iTunes 11 like the plague. Some obviously do not care about that, but with version 10.7 I've had little trouble with an external library—so perhaps another reason to avoid version 11 for now.

Music is stored locally on the internal drive, but space limitations have long since dictated most video moved to an external hard drive. In this instance a Time Capsule not otherwise used for Time Machine backups, although I cannot see why that would make a difference one way or another.

But can report that the files and their associated cover art are invariably accessible when the external drive is mounted (with cover art always viewable in iTunes, external mounted or not). And I have to pay no particular attention to it, turning off the computer, un-mounting, remounting and so forth in no particular order. Any movie or TV program only has to be located once, when first moved from the internal drive to the external. It will then display the exclamation mark (!), and simply a matter of pointing to its new location—but again, only once the first time.

Sometimes—seemingly at random and for no accountable reason—the associated artwork for a movie or TV program will vanish but then unaccountably reappear. No idea why, although playing the file in question seems to bring it back, or it will just reappear later on its own. But this minor in the grander scheme of things.

Perhaps that was the default setting, do not recall, but in iTunes preferences, under Advanced, both "Keep iTunes Media folder organized," and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" are checked, selected, and active.

IF one has any different experience, and iTunes 11 responsible, then Apple owes you a big apology. And you can thank them for the inconvenience by taking the trouble to revert back to iTunes 10.

Reports have it many love the new version of iTunes. Fine. To each their own. Nothing wrong, either, with having the experience work all the more swiftly and efficiently. Although I've never had much trouble in that regard with version 10. Indeed, never much cause for complaint. I doubt I could say the same with version 11—at least and until Apple decides to "fix" what they should not so abruptly have messed with.
idunn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:51 PM   #80
skadd
macrumors regular

Anyone else feel that the scrolling speed in album view is sloooow?
skadd is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:58 PM   #81
koen
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobss View Post
Does it fix the problem on Windows when iTunes is maximized and windows dpi is set to 125%?
No idea. Did you notify Apple of your problem?
koen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:07 PM   #82
izzle22
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadd View Post
Yes! Until I scroll all the way through all 4600 albums and let the artwork load then its fine. It is annoying that I have to do this now every time I restart iTunes to get the scrolling to run smoother.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:13 PM   #83
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0odfr1end102 View Post
Hum... May I politely ask you why? I mean, it IS a slow rumor day today, isn't it?
Sounds like he or she should probably switch to decaf.. or maybe he or she is just having a bad day.
Four oF NINE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:19 PM   #84
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Does it allow you to store media on an external drive and prevent iTunes from creating a local media folder every time you accidentally open iTunes when the external drive isn't mounted?
Nice. If they haven't addressed this, you should submit this to iTunes feedback. I plan to do the same.
Karma*Police is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:59 PM   #85
extradryny
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxard View Post
Then leave it checked but hold down option when adding TV or Movies to your library, and it won't copy them to the library.
Great tip!
extradryny is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:45 PM   #86
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Does it allow you to store media on an external drive and prevent iTunes from creating a local media folder every time you accidentally open iTunes when the external drive isn't mounted?
This is what I really want. Having an iTunes library hosted on an AFP server works, but Apple makes it kinda annoying. I don't care at all about these other things they add, though they are more good than bad.
Fatalbert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:47 PM   #87
Macrolido
macrumors regular

Runs fine for me.
Macrolido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:58 PM   #88
a0me
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Also, does it fix the bug where Firewall keeps asking permission for iTunes? My mid-2012 MacBook Pro has been bugging me with this since day 1...

Edit: IT DOES! THANKS, APPLE!

Last edited by a0me; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
a0me is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:12 PM   #89
HMI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlyn View Post
I'd give my right eye for iTunes to stop hanging when it mounts my iOS devices wirelessly. Maybe my left eye as well.
You must not spend much time watching movies or TV shows!
HMI is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:27 PM   #90
.Asa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
All the posts so far are complaints about iTunes/Apple.

Why are you all using iTunes if it's that bad?!
Because it's the only (legit) way to transfer media from a computer to an iPod/iPhone/iPad.
.Asa is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:44 PM   #91
g0odfr1end102
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four oF NINE View Post
Sounds like he or she should probably switch to decaf.. or maybe he or she is just having a bad day.
Probably so, but then why would 7 people back him/her out? Oh well...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:53 PM   #92
unobtainium
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
This is what I really want. Having an iTunes library hosted on an AFP server works, but Apple makes it kinda annoying. I don't care at all about these other things they add, though they are more good than bad.
We should all submit this request to Apple - automatic consolidation for external libraries when you mount your external. They could even integrate it as an automatic feature in the next Time Capsule..would be awesome.
unobtainium is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:56 PM   #93
chrfr
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatarshark View Post
And it bugged up my podcast unplay count, now I have like 1900 when I had like 500 previously.

Great, just lost like 90% of the podcast because of the stupid update.
Wow, the podcasts are really, really broken in 11.0.2. All available, but undownloaded podcasts show as available and unplayed, making it very difficult to determine which podcasts are really there.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:58 PM   #94
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriX View Post
Sorry to be that guy, but:

Minor update to iTunes... front page news? This seems like the perfect thing to put on Page 2 or Mac Blog or whatever.
Site and Forum Feedback
PNutts is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:02 PM   #95
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
We should all submit this request to Apple - automatic consolidation for external libraries when you mount your external. They could even integrate it as an automatic feature in the next Time Capsule..would be awesome.
Speaking of that, iTunes has no Time Machine support like the kind iPhoto has. In fact, even 3rd-party apps should be able to hook into Time Machine. For example, Photoshop could give you older versions of a particular document right inside the app.
Fatalbert is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:04 PM   #96
w0lf
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Asa View Post
Because it's the only (legit) way to transfer media from a computer to an iPod/iPhone/iPad.
There's actually a few programs out there that can do that these days. Just because it isn't made by Apple doesn't make it not legit.

http://itools.hk/cms/webpage32.htm
http://www.digidna.net/diskaid

^ two pretty good examples
w0lf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:12 AM   #97
RolyPolyBird
macrumors regular

I want a Label input

Also every update that does not contain flac support is a bad update.
RolyPolyBird is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:26 AM   #98
Xano
macrumors member

No cover flow?
Skip it!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:01 AM   #99
bobsax
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyoudvd View Post
A few things:

iTunes 11 is clearly an improvement over iTunes 10 in many ways (speed, performance, creating playlists, cleaner interface etc...) but it also removed some functionality that I really liked.
Wow!
I couldn't disagree more!
bobsax is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:22 AM   #100
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadd View Post
Can't say I've really noticed a difference. The default artwork has changed though:

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion