Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heycoolaid!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2013
Hello everyone, I may have a newby question here but here goes:)

The CrashPlan Pro application that was installed on the iMac I am using is locked and I am not finding success in removing/uninstalling it. (When I try to unlock the check box in the 'Get Info' pane the box repeatedly re-checks.)

I am logged in as ADMIN with the Master Password and have attempted to simply drag the icon to the trash- no success. I also tried to remove the application by using spotlight to locate all files/folders and was able to delete everything but the actual application.

I end up getting a message that states I don't have permission to delete the application... Pretty frustrating!

Thanks for any help on this.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Go to the Crashplan web site and download the software then open the dmg. As I recall it has an uninstaller there.

Almost but not

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Did you try changing the system and user immutable flags? In the terminal window as root type the following after cd /Applications/

ls -lhdO /Applications/CrashPlan.app

the response:
drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin schg,uchg 102B Apr 8 2013 /Applications/CrashPlan.app
schg,uchg are the system and user immutable flags. To remove them, do the following:
chflags noschg CrashPlan.app # this removes system immutable flag
chflags nouchg CrashPlan.app # this removes the user immutable flags

More detailed and generalized explanation can be found here:
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/immutableflags.html

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
Yous saved my Sunday! Thanx a lot!!!

Did you try changing the system and user immutable flags? In the terminal window as root type the following after cd /Applications/

ls -lhdO /Applications/CrashPlan.app

the response:
drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin schg,uchg 102B Apr 8 2013 /Applications/CrashPlan.app
schg,uchg are the system and user immutable flags. To remove them, do the following:
chflags noschg CrashPlan.app # this removes system immutable flag
chflags nouchg CrashPlan.app # this removes the user immutable flags

More detailed and generalized explanation can be found here:
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/immutableflags.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.