Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:23 AM   #76
ellsworth
macrumors 6502a

excellent. I've been waiting since November for a Retina iPad mini
ellsworth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:58 AM   #77
Meloncollie
macrumors newbie

Plastic Film

Sheet metal and plastic stock comes with a protective film backing which is always either clear or bright blue, sometimes both if the stock is supplied with two different surface finishes.

Most processes like laser cutting, bends and joining and riveting can be done with the plastic film left on, which is then peeled off right at the end, to preserve the, in this case, highly polished / mirrored surface and make sure the final product is scratch, dust and fingertip free.

I would imagine the bright blue is that.

Not that I think it is a new iPad shell at all.
Meloncollie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:07 PM   #78
ActionableMango
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by wast3gat3 View Post
I'm sick to death of these bogus **** rumors you guys are posting. FFS unless some numpty has the product in his hand waving and it's clearly identifyable as a new product I'm not interested.
Well I'm sick of all these bogus people that come here to macrumors.com to complain about rumors.

Perhaps you should go to apple.com, that is where all of the confirmed facts are.
ActionableMango is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion